• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

What I’m saying is that the Angels shouldn’t pull Renifo off the table pending this deal getting done.  If they can make another trade.  They shouldn’t continue to be committed to this one.  What are you guys thinking I mean ? I thought I was being pretty cogent .

its not in the Angels interests to work to facilitate a trade between Boston and the Dodgers.  If they don’t have the players that they negotiated with us on then enough is enough.  Sorry, I’m not interested in trading Jordyn Adams for Kenta Maeda. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What I’m saying is that the Angels shouldn’t pull Renifo off the table pending this deal getting done.  If they can make another trade.  They shouldn’t continue to be committed to this one.  What are you guys thinking I mean ? Thought I was being pretty cogent .

its not in the Angels interests to work to facilitate a trade between Boston and the Dodgers.  If they don’t have the players that they negotiated with us on then enough is enough.  Sorry, I’m not interested in trading Jordyn Adams for Kenta Maeda. 

The Red Sox want a pitcher, not an outfielder. 

Also, the deal as reported with the Dodgers is highway robbery for the Angels. I don’t know how anyone could say we should pull out. There is no chance we’ll find a trade that helps us nearly as much as this one any time soon. 

I recall when Maeda signed with the Dodgers the “knowers” were all but guaranteeing that Maeda would end up going under the knife at some point during the contract.  I have no interest in having the Dodgers get the productive years out of the contract so that the Angels can trade one of their better prospects and get the surgery years.  No thanks. 

Unless the Red Sox specifically want one of the Angels prospects (Marsh, for example) and the dodgers will trade the Angels one of their more elite pitching prospects in order to get that product, then the Angels should stay out of it. Maeda is redundant and I don't think the Angels should have any part of that. He's in the same category as Bundy and Tehran.

I don't know why they would do that though. Seems like the red Sox want pitching so they would just want one of those dodgers pitching prospects traded directly to them.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The Red Sox want a pitcher, not an outfielder. 

Also, the deal as reported with the Dodgers is highway robbery for the Angels. I don’t know how anyone could say we should pull out. There is no chance we’ll find a trade that helps us nearly as much as this one any time soon. 

You don’t know that.  And it’s not highway robbery.  Rengifo is a valuable piece.  You think the Dodgers don’t know that ? We’re getting 1 year of a platoon power bat and a couple years of a pitcher with some mid rotation upside who’s never pitched more then 110 innings who has literally stated that he got burned out down the stretch in the last year or so.  The Dodgers had him on bullpen duty.  I like Stripling and have some optimism that he could end up being a good starter, but it’s not for sure.  We could be giving up basically a fully controlled MLB fielder.     I think more caution should be the way to approach this.  

its too bad that it may not work out (likely won’t even) but let’s not take one of our best chips off the table.  If we can’t make a trade fine.  If something ends up happening between the Dodgers and Red Sox we can re visit.  That’s all I’m saying. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Unless the Red Sox specifically want one of the Angels prospects (Marsh, for example) and the dodgers will trade the Angels one of their more elite pitching prospects in order to get that product, then the Angels should stay out of it. Maeda is redundant and I don't think the Angels should have any part of that. He's in the same category as Bundy and Tehran.

I don't know why they would do that though. Seems like the red Sox want pitching so they would just want one of those dodgers pitching prospects traded directly to them.

Maeda is quite a bit better than Bundy and probably Tehran too. Let’s be real here

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

I love people judging the deal when we don't even know all the players involved. 

Correct.  What I’ve said is that if it’s Rengifo and one of Deveaux, Yan, Soriano or even Knowles or Chris Rodriguez.  That’s probably an acceptable price.  But not a steal.  I use those names based on the Ardaya tweet that it’s not one of the top prospects.  Some may argue Knowles or Rodriguez would be out of that conversation but for the sake of speculation we can throw them in.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Maeda is quite a bit better than Bundy and probably Tehran too. Let’s be real here

Maeda as a starter: 3.95 career ERA (105 ERA+ that includes his relief pitching. Likely closer to 100 if you exclude relief). Is entering age 32 season.

Bundy: 4.67 ERA, 95 ERA+ but played on an awful team and is only going into age 27 season.

Teheran: 3.67 ERA, 110 ERA+ entering age 29 season