failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Holy shit I forgot we had La Stella. 

Damn we have good depth.

For the first time in years they will have lineup flexibility. 

53 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

We're all hoping it will be Rengifo + Ward and/or another throw-in, but I'm guessing we're going to be disappointed. We're not getting Stripling + Pederson + Pages without giving up something good. If its Rengifo + Ward + Suarez, we've made it through well. Assuming it won't be Adell/Marsh, I'm worried we're going to be saying goodbye to one of Rodriguez, Soriano, Adams, or Knowles.

Why would you be sad if we trade Knowles? Pages fills his spot and it means we kept Adams, Jackson, Marsh, Adell, Soriano, Rodriguez and Sandoval. 

Hell, give the Dodgers Rengifo, Ward, Knowles, Jones and Suarez and i'll still call it a major win. 

Let's be honest.... Ward has no spot, Pages replaces Knowles, Suarez was trumped by Sandoval and Jones doesn't have a spot either. 

9 minutes ago, vladdy#27 said:

assuming La Stella plays 1B in 2020)

One of the first things I’m going to write about in spring training is this. Soooo many people have just penciled him at 1B and he’s played 4 innings there. 

I think Thaiss or Walsh will play when Pujols isn’t at 1B. They are both LHBs too. 

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Why would you be sad if we trade Knowles? Pages fills his spot and it means we kept Adams, Jackson, Marsh, Adell, Soriano, Rodriguez and Sandoval. 

Hell, give the Dodgers Rengifo, Ward, Knowles, Jones and Suarez and i'll still call it a major win. 

Let's be honest.... Ward has no spot, Pages replaces Knowles, Suarez was trumped by Sandoval and Jones doesn't have a spot either. 

Let’s just give them Marsh while we’re at it since we still have Adell and Adams. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

One of the first things I’m going to write about in spring training is this. Soooo many people have just penciled him at 1B and he’s played 4 innings there. 

I think Thaiss or Walsh will play when Pujols isn’t at 1B. They are both LHBs too. 

Who will be sitting most of the time in that case? Neither Fletcher or La Stella should be a platoon player based on last year’s numbers.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Let’s just give them Marsh while we’re at it since we still have Adell and Adams. 

The point is the Angels have an amount of prospects that are completely movable and it will never hurt the team.  

I gotta be honest, 1B being Pujols, Thaiss/Walsh most of the year would turn us from a top 3 offense to closer to 5-10. There’s no excuse for not having La Stella - a guy who plays a decent, albeit unspectacular, 2B/3B - sit over Pujols (or worse have Fletcher sit). Thaiss and Walsh would be nearly as idiotic. 

9 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Agree with Fletcher wholeheartedly. In the Primer Series I seriously suggested this is a chance for Walsh to shine in Spring Training in competition with Matt Thaiss and/or Taylor Ward.

La Stella will be a utility player only in my opinion barring injury.

Fletcher is the superior defender at 2B in every way shape and form. If he is not the starter, barring some bizarre trade for a new 2B, at the keystone I will be shell-shocked.

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I gotta be honest, 1B being Pujols, Thaiss/Walsh most of the year would turn us from a top 3 offense to closer to 5-10. There’s no excuse for not having La Stella - a guy who plays a decent, albeit unspectacular, 2B/3B - sit over Pujols (or worse have Fletcher sit). Thaiss and Walsh would be nearly as idiotic. 

I mean, we all get it. But Pujols isn't going to sit.

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

If Walsh even approaches his AAA numbers from 2019, our offense will be truly frightening. Thaiss could get the nod if they want better OBP, which is fine too as long as they perform. Even Ward puts up good on-base numbers so he is in the mix.

3 minutes ago, ettin said:

If Walsh even approaches his AAA numbers from 2019, our offense will be truly frightening. Thaiss could get the nod if they want better OBP, which is fine too as long as they perform. Even Ward puts up good on-base numbers so he is in the mix.

Imagine Walsh hits .275 with 25hrs haha.

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

Agree with Fletcher wholeheartedly. In the Primer Series I seriously suggested this is a chance for Walsh to shine in Spring Training in competition with Matt Thaiss and/or Taylor Ward.

La Stella will be a utility player only in my opinion barring injury.

Fletcher is the superior defender at 2B in every way shape and form. If he is not the starter, barring some bizarre trade for a new 2B, at the keystone I will be shell-shocked.

Even if you believe La Stella won’t repeat 2019, to not have him work out at 1B in camp would be idiotic. Can anyone actually give an answer why this is not feasible? 

And frankly, Walsh is garbage. Thaiss hasn’t proven he can play at the major league level either.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, we all get it. But Pujols isn't going to sit.

Serious question: Why isn’t he going to sit? He’ll still get a lot of playing time at DH regardless given how limited Ohtani’s time will be. Simply because he makes 30 million? Even Pujols knows he isn’t better than La Stella or Fletcher. 

There’s two ways we can do this. We can be serious about winning or we can be the Los Angeles Pujols whose only reason for existing is to get Albert to his career numbers. 

I can’t believe the Angels would be that brain dead stupid when - unlike last year - they have undeniably better options. 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

Even if you believe La Stella won’t repeat 2019, to not have him work out at 1B in camp would be idiotic. Can anyone actually give an answer why this is not feasible? 

And frankly, Walsh is garbage. Thaiss hasn’t proven he can play at the major league level either.

Serious question: Why isn’t he going to sit? He’ll still get a lot of playing time at DH regardless given how limited Ohtani’s time will be. Simply because he makes 30 million? Even Pujols knows he isn’t better than La Stella or Fletcher. 

There’s two ways we can do this. We can be serious about winning or we can be the Los Angeles Pujols whose only reason for existing is to get Albert to his career numbers. 

I can’t believe the Angels would be that brain dead stupid when - unlike last year - they have undeniably better options. 

You're preaching to the choir. But I've accepted it and have low expectations. 

I mean, if he's hurt or batting like .200 in May, then I think he'll lose playing time. But he's the starting first baseman. And like you said about Thaiss and Walsh, the Angels don't really have a better option. 

Fletcher said La Stella has only ever played 4 innings there, so I don't think he's an option.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fletcher said La Stella has only ever played 4 innings there, so I don't think he's an option.

He plays 2B and 3B. There is zero reason he can’t make the shift to 1B if they actually try him there in Spring. It’s one thing to shift an OF like Upton to 1B. It’s entirely another to play a guy who has played multiple other infield positions. 

And he doesn't exactly play those positions well. So moving him to an entirely new position seems like a bad idea. 

I'll take Jeff's word for it here. If La Stella was an option at 1st I'm guessing he would be.

19 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

WHAT? LOL, PB you have some good takes sometimes but this is probably not going to be one of them. I never said that La Stella won't see time there but La Stella is a quality utility player, he is not a full-time solution for a contending team.

He has a Minor League career .294/.366/.506 slash line and has been tapping into his power over the last two seasons and is hitting his age 26 season in 2020. There is a lot to like there that could come out in a Spring Training battle.

You should reconsider your position, before Lou visits you later.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

We're absolutely a top 5 offense, period. We're gonna hit fuckin DINGERS. Oh, the pitching gave up 7 runs? Oh damn that sucks guess the game's over FUCKIN 10 RUNS SUCK MY DICK.

I'm dying at home right now oh my God!!!!

Hahaahhaahahaahahaahaha..............

23 minutes ago, ettin said:

WHAT? LOL, PB you have some good takes sometimes but this is probably not going to be one of them. I never said that La Stella won't see time there but La Stella is a quality utility player, he is not a full-time solution for a contending team.

He has a Minor League career .294/.366/.506 slash line and has been tapping into his power over the last two seasons and is hitting his age 26 season in 2020. There is a lot to like there that could come out in a Spring Training battle.

You should reconsider your position, before Lou visits you later.

La Stella vs. Walsh? I’ll take the guy who actually has shown through his career that he can actually hit major league pitching. I’ll sleep very peacefully, confident in winning that one. 

La Stella’s first year with regular playing time and he’s an all-star. That’s not a platoon player. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

The reason would be that La Stella can’t play 1B. 

Maybe he can’t. Maybe he can. I just think it’s wrong for so many people to assume it when he’s never done it. 

I don’t know what they’re going to do. Let’s wait and see. 

EDIT: Also, it’s kind of silly to suggest that Tommy La Stella’s presence has that big of an impact on the offense. Maybe La Stella plays more than Fletcher. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher