• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

Joc is definitely an upgrade over Calhoun last year, and presumably what we would have gotten from Goodwin and the  21-year old version of Adell. It is just that OF is the last area that needed an upgrade, especially long-term.

But I think the point is that Eppler is serious about  2020. Him trading a valuable long-term asset for a one-year upgrade likely means there's more to come (e.g. a SP trade).

7 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

One intangible thing is that Joc's younger brother has Down Syndrome and is quite close to Pujols, and Pujols' foundation does a lot for Joc's brother.

That's pretty cool. I'm down with this trade now.

8 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Joc: .249/.339/.538/.876 OPS - 36 HR - 74 RBI - 3.3 WAR - 111 K - 149 G - Making 5 Million this season (I think)

That's what he made last year.  He filed for arbitration, so he'll get a big boost.  I'll be curious to see if the Angels settle with him before his hearing.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

That's what he made last year.  He filed for arbitration, so he'll get a big boost.  I'll be curious to see if the Angels settle with him before his hearing.

Yeah, Fletch says could be $7.75 or $9.5 million.

3 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Got to meet (and play video games) with Joc a couple of days ago. Basically was just talking about the Angels and Trout with him. I should get a 1% finders fee for this. 

Were you playing Xbox with him?