Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Twins almost Maeda trade

He's probably Catholic, so I would imagine that he is.

So getting Joc seemed to me a lot like getting a younger Kole Calhoun (stats wise) lets look at the 2019 numbers:   Kole: .232/.325/.467/.792 OPS - 33 HR - 74 RBI - 2.3 WAR - 162 K - 152 G -

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Because you added a really good player who would have been our 2nd best player last year and that can also be traded at the deadline.  

If Rengifo had enough value to get Peterson could he not have been packaged for a decent pitcher? 

I think the bottom line is that there is no place for Rengifo on the 2020 team, and the  Angels presumably have some faith in Jahmai Jones so none in 2021 or beyond. Joc Pederson is a very good hitter who improves the team in 2020. If Adell is ready, they can shuffle things between LF (Upton will inevitably  get injured), 1B (Pujols is bad), and DH (the one-third of the  year that Ohtani doesn't start).

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

I think the bottom line is that there is no place for Rengifo on the 2020 team, and the  Angels presumably have some faith in Jahmai Jones so none in 2021 or beyond. Joc Pederson is a very good hitter who improves the team in 2020. If Adell is ready, they can shuffle things between LF (Upton will inevitably  get injured), 1B (Pujols is bad), and DH (the one-third of the  year that Ohtani doesn't start).

I’m going to need to see more of a history of Upton getting hurt to believe he will inevitably get injured.  Before 2019 he had played in 145 games or more for 9 straight years.  

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

You can be pretty patronizing, ya know?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be, it just seems incredibly obvious that the GM of a major league team would try to trade for a position of need before he traded for a position of strength.  

I don't get this trade if Pederson isn't flipped.  Team controlled player in Rengifo drawing from infield surplus for one year of a lefty corner outfielder we don't need when Adell is knocking on the door and Goodwin, who is a lefty,  is holding down RF.   Does this mean Simba gets an extension now?

• John Taylor changed the title to Angels don't Acquire Pederson, Stripling, & Others [Update]
  • Chuckster70 locked this topic