• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Because you added a really good player who would have been our 2nd best player last year and that can also be traded at the deadline.  

If Rengifo had enough value to get Peterson could he not have been packaged for a decent pitcher? 

I think the bottom line is that there is no place for Rengifo on the 2020 team, and the  Angels presumably have some faith in Jahmai Jones so none in 2021 or beyond. Joc Pederson is a very good hitter who improves the team in 2020. If Adell is ready, they can shuffle things between LF (Upton will inevitably  get injured), 1B (Pujols is bad), and DH (the one-third of the  year that Ohtani doesn't start).

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

I think the bottom line is that there is no place for Rengifo on the 2020 team, and the  Angels presumably have some faith in Jahmai Jones so none in 2021 or beyond. Joc Pederson is a very good hitter who improves the team in 2020. If Adell is ready, they can shuffle things between LF (Upton will inevitably  get injured), 1B (Pujols is bad), and DH (the one-third of the  year that Ohtani doesn't start).

I’m going to need to see more of a history of Upton getting hurt to believe he will inevitably get injured.  Before 2019 he had played in 145 games or more for 9 straight years.