failos

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

On 2/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, DMVol said:

Follow carefully, I'm trying to help you analyze the statements of Mr. Impatient Owner and offer my opinions.....1) You aren't going to get a Greinke (your example) type right now, which is what Arte says we're looking for...that's ok but you're not getting that type of guy now, though you might in July and it will cost you a hell of a lot more than Rengifo.....

2) Why in the hell are we talking to the Dodgers about Stripling if you consider him a 4/5 starter and we don't want that anyway (so says Mr. Impatient).

3) Having analyzed Arte's nonsensical statement, I am offering my opinion that Stripling is a pretty good pitcher and if the cost was Rengifo, I do that trade any time....we're better with Stripling than Rengifo...

Comprende'?

Snarkiness aside,  I agree with all of this 

On 2/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, True Grich said:

So they take away is that Moreno would sign a 73 year old Nolan Ryan if he decided to make a comeback.

I think Nolan would sign just to further distance himself from the Asstros.

Also he could be our designated plunker...

10 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Guilty of snarkiness (though it was in response to the same) and typing too fast at work (my thoughts were a little garbled)....

10 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

On February 17, 2020 at 12:49 PM, Lou said:

1. Again, he didn't say "right now". He specifically said "during the season". 

2. Did Arte say he considered Stripling a #4 or 5 starter? If so, I missed it. If you can provide a link, I'd greatly appreciate it.

3. You have no idea what the actual deal entailed. If you find his comments to be  nonsensical, that's a you problem. They were pretty clear. 

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

He left the Astros organization last November. I would rather him than Tony LaRussa was hired as an executive advisor. 

How much did Ryan know about the cheating?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

How much did Ryan know about the cheating?

I think he knew much, much more about the regularity of Jim Crane's checks depositing into his checking account.