• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why should the angels player be on hold for who knows how long while the dodgers try and make their deal work.  If there’s no deal and something works out with the Dodgers then fine, but they shouldn’t be holding up Rengifo. 

Because there is little point for the Dodgers to move Pederson's salary, along with the Angels primary target Stripling, if they aren't taking on Betts' and Price's contracts. It was a contingent deal that the Angels were taking advantage of to improve our squad and with the primary deal not going through they have little incentive to move either player for less than what they are worth (i.e. the salary balancing act)

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Because there is little point for the Dodgers to move Pederson's salary, along with the Angels primary target Stripling, if they aren't taking on Betts' and Price's contracts. It was a contingent deal that the Angels were taking advantage of to improve our squad and with the primary deal not going through they have little incentive to move either player for less than what they are worth (i.e. the salary balancing act)

And you know what I say.... tough shit Doyers. Unless they said to Eppler this trade will ONLY happen if we get Betts then they’re little pussys. You made the mistake now own up to it.

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels shouldn’t have any part of facilitating the Dodgers trade.  The Red Sox fucked up getting low balled.  That’s their problem. The Dodgers want the deal done they can cough up their own prospects.  

enough is enough the Angels should pull out of the deal.  They shouldn’t have been trading when the other deal wasn’t done.  Rengifo is a valuable piece.  Work to get Jon Grey. 

f that. cut off your nose to spite your face.

the angels should remain calm. this is a great deal for the angels. they are better off if it goes through.

4 minutes ago, Bronson said:

And you know what I say.... tough shit Doyers. Unless they said to Eppler this trade will ONLY happen if we get Betts then they’re little pussys. You made the mistake now own up to it.

We have no idea or clue what the proposed agreement or contingency was. I assume it is a contingency with the primary deal closing otherwise it would have been executed already so prepare to have this whole thing potentially go down the toilet.

Just now, Nolan Fregosi said:

So sweeten the deal and Angels take Maeda providing some of their bullpen depth.  
who in the Angels bullpen or system ranks with Graterol ?  Would that be too much?  
rengifo and xxx for Pederson, Stripling, and Maeda seems like a win? 

None, Besides they want a  starter

1 minute ago, Nolan Fregosi said:

So sweeten the deal and Angels take Maeda providing some of their bullpen depth.  
who in the Angels bullpen or system ranks with Graterol ?  Would that be too much?  
rengifo and xxx for Pederson, Stripling, and Maeda seems like a win? 

They wanted Graterol as a starter. We don’t have a starter who is around the top 100. 

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

it's been my experience that when making a business deal it is always a good idea to be sure and state your position on the relative pussyness of my alternate.

it's also a hell of tactic within negotiations:

me: here's my deal. take it.

them: we're unsure.

me: c'mon, pussy.