• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Just saw. If it’s only Ward and Rengifo then what a steal for the Angels good god. 

What a stunner that'd be.  If a 3rd player is going to them as Bob reports, I have to imagine it's someone like Soriano.  Otherwise - Pederson, Stripling, and Pages for Rengifo and Ward?  WOW.

Just saw. If it’s only Ward and Rengifo then what a steal for the Angels good god. 

I don’t think that is all we are giving up.  I still think we are giving up someone that we don’t want to give up.  It will probably be an arm that the Dodgers feel they can develop.  

I think it’s a great trade too, but Ward is gonna mash over there. They like the positional versatility I guess. 

If the Doggies can figure out how to get Ward to make that jump from AAA to the MLB, it will be a steal for them.  But the Angels couldn't figure it out, so if it's just those two, it'll really hinge on if Pederson is a one year or multiple year.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If the Doggies can figure out how to get Ward to make that jump from AAA to the MLB, it will be a steal for them.  But the Angels couldn't figure it out, so if it's just those two, it'll really hinge on if Pederson is a one year or multiple year.  

The other aspect though is that Ward is pretty terrible defensively wherever he goes.  Not sure how he'd fit in with an NL team.  But if they can make him passable at 3B and help him make that jump, then more power to them.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

The other aspect though is that Ward is pretty terrible defensively wherever he goes.  Not sure how he'd fit in with an NL team.  But if they can make him passable at 3B and help him make that jump, then more power to them.

Seems like yesterday the Angels draft room was cheering like they just drafted Mike Trout 2.0, only to not have him stick at Catcher when his defense was touted over his bat. What an epic fail. 

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

If Taylor Ward is one of the prospects then this deal keeps getting better.

I was concerned they were going to ask for MiLB prospects with value like Soriano and Yan.

Nightengale says there are three "prospects" involved.  I am guessing he means "players," so - Rengifo, Ward, and..?  I have to imagine the last one would be someone that we'd be bummed about, such as Soriano or Rodriguez.

As we continue to wait...

Assuming the trade does go through, what's your ideal lineup?

vs RHP:  LaStella 1B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Rendon 3B, Pederson RF, Upton LF, Simmons SS, Castro C, Fletcher 2B

vs LHP:  Fletcher 2B, Trout CF, Rendon 3B, Ohtani DH, Upton LF, Pujols 1B, Goodwin RF, Simmons SS, Castro C

A bit weaker against LHP, but that lineup against RHP has to be one of the best lineups in the game

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Nightengale says there are three "prospects" involved.  I am guessing he means "players," so - Rengifo, Ward, and..?  I have to imagine the last one would be someone that we'd be bummed about, such as Soriano or Rodriguez.

maybe he's also considering Pages as one of those 3 prospects? 

8 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Pages.

14 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Could be someone like Barria, Suarez, Peters, etc or one of our other numerous young pitchers we used last season.  Really a lot of them are blocked now that we signed, traded for a lot of SPers.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

And I’m just asking: Does that make sense to you (that Boston is utterly clueless as opposed to something legitimate coming up in medical records that makes Graterol’s long term projections significantly less than those who can’t see said records might believe)?

Considering its Bos, i dont doubt any possibility.