• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cancer

Lhalo

22 hours ago, Lhalo said:

We had Limbaugh announce yesterday that he had advanced lung cancer now today Shannon Doherty has come out saying she has stage 4 cancer. This disease is ruthless.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7965139/Shannen-Doherty-reveals-stage-IV-cancer-five-years-given-clear.html

That's awful for her. I know she battled it for a long time and went into remission in 2017. So sad

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

Last year the US spent $52 billion in Afghanistan alone. The budget for cancer research is 1/10th of that. Imagine if we had our priorities straight how many lives worldwide we could have saved.

Drug companies are fine with that. They are making a fortune treating it. 

The day we find a cure for cancer will be the greatest day in human history. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen in my lifetime. 

I make tons of jokes about AIDS, which is in itself a terrible disease and obviously I'm crossing the line with it but most people don't mind. It just doesn't have the impact that cancer does, and I will never joke about it because it affects so many people, and probably several on this forum as well.

Fuck Cancer in the ass. I hope cancer gets AIDS.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

The day we find a cure for cancer will be the greatest day in human history. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen in my lifetime. 

my understanding is that there are several different types of cancer - i'm sure someone here knows better than i about such things. people approach this like there's just that one single cure out there that will take care of everything, but i think it's a lot more complex than that because there are different types of cancer. i know progress has been made on many levels, but there's still so much more work to be done.

I used to think when someone was diagnosed as stage 4 that they delayed finding out, and knew they were sick.  

Until one of my best friends died.  She went from diagnosis and told she had a few months to live to me being called that she was unconscious and had hours.  I will always miss her.  

And @tdawg87, I hope cancer gets AIDS too! 

On 2/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, Tank said:

my understanding is that there are several different types of cancer - i'm sure someone here knows better than i about such things. people approach this like there's just that one single cure out there that will take care of everything, but i think it's a lot more complex than that because there are different types of cancer. i know progress has been made on many levels, but there's still so much more work to be done.

There are multiple diseases named "cancers".

The reason a cure is so hard to find is not any conspiracy. Its that cancer, in essence, is born into our dna. Essentially, if you live long enough, you will develop it. Curing it is like trying to stop aging.

Its god or mother natures way of keeping the population in check.

Certain things, like smoking, up the odds. And if you dont smoke, your odds of developing it are far lower. But not your chances of say prostate. Or breast. Liver. Blood. Etc etc.

Let me add that for all the conspiracies that say pharma is holding out cures, you have to ask..... how much would those who allowed the cure out stand to make?

And then ask how plausible it is that those with insider knowledge of said cures have never been effected by them. IE, cancer, what are the odds that said researchers never developed it themselves or lost someone to it? Are they really going to sit on it, just so the shareholders can profit?

The vaccines themselves would generate huge money.

My grandmother died of polio, and we cured it. Putting the iron lung people out of business. Same with measles and smallpox. 

Its just not that simple beating mother nature. Like how close are we to controlling the weather?