• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breakout Player

Hubs

I agree with the Bundy pick.

My picks to break out:

1) Adell (I see Juan Soto Lite in his first year)

2) Bundy (117-12 ERA+)

3) Thaiss (I see him being the solution at 1st. Starting in May)

I also see Canning getting it together, but maybe not "Breaking Out"

1 hour ago, Dick B Back said:

I appreciate the thought @Lou, but unfortunately I just don’t have the time to provide the posts that would consider me a breakout poster.

Best I can do is a quick retort if I see a post beyond dumb or post a fun GIF.

Then I take back what i said.

jerk 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:40 AM, Bronson said:

If La Stella puts up numbers like he did last year then he should be the full time first baseman. Sorry Albert you’ll only be playing like 50 games this year.

I'm alone in this is think, but i kinda doubt hes still on the roster opening day.
WE really dont have a starting spot for him, but he should be starting and should have value.
Im thinking once he shows hes completely recovered in ST hes trade bait.
I know i know everyone wants him to take ABs from Albert but i say what ive said before, youre probably dreaming.  Id like to see it too, but i think id rather maybe use him to get a SP upgrade if i can over worrying about a guy thats never played 1B getting ABs there.

23 minutes ago, floplag said:

I'm alone in this is think, but i kinda doubt hes still on the roster opening day.
WE really dont have a starting spot for him, but he should be starting and should have value.
Im thinking once he shows hes completely recovered in ST hes trade bait.
I know i know everyone wants him to take ABs from Albert but i say what ive said before, youre probably dreaming.  Id like to see it too, but i think id rather maybe use him to get a SP upgrade if i can over worrying about a guy thats never played 1B getting ABs there.

If he were purely a 1bman I might agree but he's a very versatile player and can play 1b/3b/2b and even DH some.  So it doesn't just need to be at the expense of Pujols at bats.  Plus, Goodwin is far from an established player in RF and I just don't see Adell on the opening day roster so we may see some David Fletcher in the OF and La Stella at 2b.  There's also Rengifo and Thaiss who are still getting their feet wet and I'm not sure they hand either of those guys 400 PA.  

Also factor in that Maddon likes roster flexibility.  My guess is that Tommy stays unless there's a deal for a pitcher we can't refuse.  

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If he were purely a 1bman I might agree but he's a very versatile player and can play 1b/3b/2b and even DH some.  So it doesn't just need to be at the expense of Pujols at bats.  Plus, Goodwin is far from an established player in RF and I just don't see Adell on the opening day roster so we may see some David Fletcher in the OF and La Stella at 2b.  There's also Rengifo and Thaiss who are still getting their feet wet and I'm not sure they hand either of those guys 400 PA.  

Also factor in that Maddon likes roster flexibility.  My guess is that Tommy stays unless there's a deal for a pitcher we can't refuse.  

Youre probably right in the end, i guess i just havent given up on them doing something and he might be the best option to do it.  Perhaps wishful thinking asi truly have nothing to base it on aside from opinion.
I agree on Adell and Goodwin which is why i put out some alternatives there that basically no one likes.   We know Fletcher can play the OF and maybe he does that more this year to make room on the short term, but i personally would prefer to see him settle in at 2B.
I actually think Marsh might be slightly more ready and could get the call first, but thats pure hunch.  
I just dont see LaStella on the club past the trade deadline barring something unforeseen.  There are a couple contenders that could maybe use an upgrade at 2B still so... who knows. 

6 minutes ago, RBM said:

The problem with La Stella is he has litlle to no trade value. He’s in his last year of team control, is a subpar defender, coming off season ending injury and has never had a season as a full time starter in his career.

The Angels are better served keeping him and hoping he hits like last year  

Perhaps, but if the bats puts up even close to last years numbers it has some value. 
Dont get me wrong hes not going to bring us and ace or anything but there are a couple potential contenders that might want an option there and of course, injuries happen. 

3 hours ago, RBM said:

Which potential contender is going to trade for La Stella and give up a SP that will help us?  I’ve been through the mental exercise and I don’t see one? 

Do you have a specific trade target?

He has very little trade value. 

it would not likely be for him alone.    Like i said dont misunderstand or read too much into it.