• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus was the runner up to Dusty Baker for Astros manager

mmc

I wish Ausmus well. No negative feelings towards his Halos time at all.

He came here and did what was asked -- he was to be a three year guy filling the spot waiting for someone like Eric Chavez to be ready to lead the Halos forward.

then Joe Maddon become available - and once that happened -- and actually, the deal was likely in place before he officially left the Cubs - Arte grabbed him up and accelerated the Halo's time table and sort of scrapped the re-building era headed by Ausmus.

Dusty Baker (now 70) seems to be a short term guy for Houston -- I think Ausmus still had two years on his Halos contract so he can wait around without missing a paycheck. 

4 minutes ago, disarcina said:

He came here and did what was asked -- he was to be a three year guy filling the spot waiting for someone like Eric Chavez to be ready to lead the Halos forward.

then Joe Maddon become available - and once that happened -- and actually, the deal was likely in place before he officially left the Cubs - Arte grabbed him up and accelerated the Halo's time table and sort of scrapped the re-building era headed by Ausmus.

Dusty Baker (now 70) seems to be a short term guy for Houston -- I think Ausmus still had two years on his Halos contract so he can wait around without missing a paycheck. 

Comments from bench coach Espada suggested he felt he deserved the gig. I suspect he didn't get it at least in part because of his connection to the 2018-2019 teams, whether he was involved in the cheating or not. Same reason I doubt he gets it when Dusty leaves. He's kinda tainted at this point.

Ausmus was fine during his time here, but Maddon is in another level better than him, just like I hope eventually Jo Adell is a step up from Calhoun..  I still think Ausmus would have been perfect for San Diego.

I was thinking maybe someone should hire a little kid and plant him in the Astros dugout during our first regular season game there, then have him run out and pick up a bat  around home plate when an Angel is scoring from 3rd.  Might totally freak out Baker, LOL.gettyimages-2001483.jpg

On 1/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, disarcina said:

Yeah Baker is definitely a short term solution. I think Maddon will be here longer then 3 years. He already said the plan is to be here longer. I could see him here for 6-10 years until he retires. 

On 1/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, disarcina said:

I think Ausmus still had two years on his Halos contract so he can wait around without missing a paycheck. 

This made me curious. Does anyone know if Ausmus will still receive pay from the Angels if he signs with another team?

16 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

This made me curious. Does anyone know if Ausmus will still receive pay from the Angels if he signs with another team?

My guess is that there would be an offset. He would receive the difference (if any) between what the Angels were paying him and what he received from the other club.

15 hours ago, tomsred said:

Ausmus was fine during his time here, but Maddon is in another level better than him, just like I hope eventually Jo Adell is a step up from Calhoun..  I still think Ausmus would have been perfect for San Diego.

I was thinking maybe someone should hire a little kid and plant him in the Astros dugout during our first regular season game there, then have him run out and pick up a bat  around home plate when an Angel is scoring from 3rd.  Might totally freak out Baker, LOL.gettyimages-2001483.jpg

That kid is older than Jo Adell and plays baseball at Cal.