• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grand Valley State OC suspended for wanting meal with Hitler

From the inadvisable comments department, Grand Valley State offensive coordinator Morris Berger has been suspended for telling a student newspaper that he would choose Adolf Hitler when asked what historical figure he might want to have dinner with. "This is probably not going to get a good review, but I'm going to say Adolf Hitler," Berger said in the interview. "It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can't deny he wasn't a great leader."

Grand Valley State suspends OC Morris Berger for wanting meal with Adolf Hitler

Sadly he is correct. Hitler managed to unite most of Germany and keep them united in a cause. As despicable his leadership was it still was unparalleled and almost unstoppable. It required the combined forces of most of the world to defeat Germany and it's few allies. 

A very long discussion from smarter minds than my own would be interesting to hear just how, from Hitler's own mind, he found his way to and keep power even in a relatively well educated and civilized nation using a platform with a hate based agenda. 

I don't think books can always effectively translate how great leaders can inspire others.  I'm guessing most of us would agree he was a great leader as far as getting people to follow him but he was also batsh*t insane and I'll never understand how people openly supported genocide.  I wouldn't ever want to have a meal with him but to me it's fascinating what he was able to accomplish and how that changed the world.  I don't mean fascinated in some morbid way I mean how he got Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain and others to support his cause even if some of the other countries were doing it for their own agenda.  When we were in Germany last year we were outside a massive library when our guide showed us a picture of that exact spot about 80 years prior when Hitler was giving a speech.  It was incredible and scary looking at that picture and the following he amassed knowing what was yet to come and how many people were behind him.  Especially when you looked at the building now because you could still see bullet impact marks that they left to remind the German people of the futility of war.