RendZone

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

It would be great if in this thread we can simply share our thoughts on Kobe. 

Yea, ok.  I am pretty sure everyone has.  Thanks for quoting me, I guess.

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, both parents and a daughter. 2 more kids not on board. Thankfully... but hell f a tragedy to deal with.

Like Kobes family, wife specific. Losing your husband is horrible.. losing your kid, worse. Losing both.....

Devastating . . . 

Doc Rivers comments on KCAL -9 :  honestly - perhaps my favorite coach anywhere -- always a class act in the toughest of times and circumstances.

honest emotion from him in the interview on KCAL -9 -- says he did not have a lot to say but said a lot.  Class Act guy.

I know everyone will mourn Kobe (as they should) but just found out that one of my wife’s students happened to be aboard the helicopter too. She was only 13. My wife is obviously devastated.  I know we argue and bicker here but also stuff like this is a reminder that life is far too short.  Tragic. 

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I know everyone will mourn Kobe (as they should) but just found out that one of my wife’s students happened to be aboard the helicopter too. She was only 13. My wife is obviously devastated.  I know we argue and bicker here but also stuff like this is a reminder that life is far too short.  Tragic. 

I'm sorry to hear that, sending thoughts to your family and the family of the student she lost.

this has been a difficult day emotionally, and somewhat conflicting. I wasn't much of a Kobe fan because I didn't like his selfish play early on. but I also grew to appreciate his talent and his ability to put the team on his back and do whatever was needed to win. his drive and his work ethic were unparalleled, and something to be emulated.

to see that his daughter and other kids were on board just made this tragedy an absolute gut punch.

59 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Its always sad in situations like this that regular peoples tragedy gets overshadowed by the big name.

RIP to the young lady, and everyone else aboard.

Life sucks! What a great impact that he had on the game, especially the fans. Many of us wanted to be like Kobe. Many kids would scream out "Kobe!" while they are shooting a crumble sheet of paper into a trash can. RIP to the Mamba! 

Reading about the OCC coach, his wife and daughter makes it sadder and that will only continue as info about the other people on board comes out.  Crazy how people you didn’t know but that were a part of Southern California, in this case a guy whose entire career I watched and another who coached at a school I went to and drive by every day can hit you.  

James worthy made a good point earlier (a sad one). Kobe spent literally his entire adult life under the microscope. More than everyone except the top 1 percent of the world... even among elite athletes. He had a camera in his face for the last 20 plus years, since he was 17...

He finally retires, can finally relax, do whatever he wanted. Be a dad, be lazy w his wife, hang out w people (instead of training). Then this happens. 

Sad as hell