Torridd

Do you think Eppler will get any more pitching?

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I meant as far as this particular back and forth went .... but overall I liken the situation to coming outside everyday and finding your neighbor's Chihuahua has taken several tiny poops up all over the place.  It's easy to avoid and totally insignificant but still annoying it happens everyday.   And just like a Chihuahua, he'll keep barking no matter how much you ignore him. The poor thing just wants a little attention.

racist 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:26 AM, Inside Pitch said:

More spin doctoring... LOL.  Just STFU already.  

On 11/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, RendZone said:

The Yankees won’t be involved in the Cole sweepstakes. They will actually make some really smart impact trades that will improve their roster and keep them within their approved budget. The Dodgers will re-sign Ryu and possibly sign Rendon. Cole will take the Angels money. 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:35 PM, RendZone said:

Stanton is the very reason the Yankees will stay away from any new big money long term commitments. It's not that they don't want Cole, it's simply because they over committed on Stanton to perform like an MVP and he hasn't been close to that. If the Yankees are healthy in 2020, they really don't need anything. They would really just be content to see Cole out of Houston.

The Dodgers will just re-sign Ryu and maybe try to make a couple of trades. They do have some movable pieces.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:36 AM, RendZone said:

The Yankees are trying to sell Cole on the their tradition, history, marketability, postseason and championship potential. They even brought Andy Pettite to the meeting. I don’t think that the Yankees will actually make a formal offer. 

On 12/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, RendZone said:

Getting Cole out of Houston actually strengthens the Yankees without having to pay for it. The Yankees will get a cheaper SP to fit in their rotation with Severino, Tanaka, Paxton, Happ and Montgomery. 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, RendZone said:

I’m saying that the Yankees will drop out of the running. They made an offer that they knew wouldn’t sign him. They don’t need him as bad as the Angels. They have too many movable pieces both in the majors and the minors to get another starting pitcher. They are very content that Cole is leaving Houston. They could make zero moves and still be AL favorites next season. 

And then...

On 1/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, RendZone said:

Strad it’s a sad inexcusable thing that German did but the last thing the Yankees are worried about is their pitching staff. They have Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Severino, Happ and Montgomery. German is just an 18 game winner spare part. I think that they’ll do just fine in 2020.

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And then...

great I was wrong but can you now look up and show everyone’s posts that had Cole penciled in into our rotation. There were dozens of them. I’ll wait...

37 minutes ago, RendZone said:

great I was wrong but can you now look up and show everyone’s posts that had Cole penciled in into our rotation. There were dozens of them. I’ll wait...

that's why it was penciled in.  lol.  

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that's why it was penciled in.  lol.  

Doc I honestly believed that Cole would sign here. I also believe that the Yankees paid too much and will regret it later. There were many here that actually penciled him in in many threads. We were all wrong and there’s nothing wrong with that. We don’t have a frontline starter which is why I thought Ryu would be a good alternative but it didn’t happen.

4 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Doc I honestly believed that Cole would sign here. I also believe that the Yankees paid too much and will regret it later. There were many here that actually penciled him in in many threads. We were all wrong and there’s nothing wrong with that. We don’t have a frontline starter which is why I thought Ryu would be a good alternative but it didn’t happen.

ok.  but you know how a pencil works.  right?  

21 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I wasn't wrong. 

17 hours ago, RendZone said:

No it’s just so unnecessary to take any of this Angel talk so seriously that it results in any personal attacks. Baseball should be allowed to be discussed without any drama. We have zero control over the teams decisions or any of the on field performance so who gives a sh*t. What I say doesn’t change anything. What IP says doesn’t change anything either. 

Baseball and real life aren't easily separated on here. Any grown adult who gets legitimately angry over sports needs psychological intervention. I grew out of that type of behavior around 13.

If someone on here calls me an asshole I don’t think, “hey why are they so angry?”  I think, this person thinks I am an asshole, nothing more, nothing less.  I am more than capable of telling someone off on here and have it not affect my mood at all.  Just because people use colorful language doesn’t mean that person is upset, it simply means they like cursing.  I like cursing.   

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

If someone on here calls me an asshole I don’t think, “hey why are they so angry?”  I think, this person thinks I am an asshole, nothing more, nothing less.  I am more than capable of telling someone off on here and have it not affect my mood at all.  Just because people use colorful language doesn’t mean that person is upset, it simply means they like cursing.  I like cursing.   

“You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day - you’re the asshole.”