• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think Eppler will get any more pitching?

Torridd

I still think that Bundy could conceivably put up a sub 4.00 ERA and pitch at least 180 innings in 2020.   His second half of 2019 showed that if he sticks to increased use of the sinker, he will fare well. 

Teheran could do something similar, if he does the same thing.

That plus Canning, Heaney, and Sandoval being a year older, plus welcoming Ohtani back plus Callaway coming aboard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2019's rotation and Doug White. 

6 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

I mean, I guess anything is possible with Gibson, like any pitcher with a modicum of talent but this a 32 year old who has had two good seasons (2015, 2018), was 4.84 ERA 95 ERA+ 1.444 WHIP last season, and 4.52 ERA 94 ERA+ 1.411 WHIP lifetime in 7 total seasons who also gives up a lot of hits and a decent amount of HRs going to Texas...so, yeah.  Maybe he becomes a solid 3 starter or something but you can see why Eppler didn't commit $30 mil to him when you basically traded for a younger, cheaper version in Bundy (4.67 ERA 95 ERA+ 1.330 WHIP lifetime).

Pineda was really good in 2019 after missing a season and a half due to injury, and it sounds like his PED issue was was questionable enough that the MLB knocked it down from 80 to 60 games on appeal, but, without knowing anything around the negotiations, I can't say if ANY team had a shot at Pineda outside the Twins as he signed Dec 5th, 3 days before the Winter Meetings.

In regards to Cole, the money was never going to be equal.  The Yankees were willing to offer 9 years to a starting pitcher...only the Yankees (maybe the Dodgers) can reasonably absorb $300+ million in guaranteed money and keep chugging along if things go south.  So, Angels match 9 years, here come the Yankees - 10 years, more AAV, you matching that still?

Corbin only entertained offers from the Phillies, Yankees and Nationals...and he only went with the Nationals as they were the only team willing to offer a 6th year.  

I just think this rotation is still missing a higher upside option. We've covered most of the innings with guys we expect to be 'ok' but there isn't really anyone we can roll the dice on and think could pitch near the top of a rotation. There are still question marks guarding against the dark depths of our rotation beyond the top 6. I don't really see the downside to spending a little bit of money on these gambles, and you can add names like Alex Wood and Tiajuan Walker to the list. 

Come mid season I think we will see that there were plenty of attainable pitchers that Eppler ended up passing on, and in many cases for good reason, but if his pitching staff isn't holding up it it will be hard to defend passing on all of them.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m a fan, I would have welcomed Ryu at that cost. But I certainly understand why they didn’t take the risk with his injury history. 

So if we only win 85 games this season and miss the playoffs again......you’ll understand. Got it. 

13 hours ago, Drink More Yakult said:

The entire past decade is evidence that upper 80s wins gets you into the wildcard. Zips, which historically is the most accurate projection, has us projected for upper 80s wins.

Ipso facto, you are either purposefully obtuse, an extreme pessimist, or willfully ignorant.

Vegas only cares about getting equal money on each side of the wager. Based on clowns like you and others on the board, they are correct to skew low. 

wtf is this shit? he and i were having a perfectly reasonable conversation. obtuse and willfully ignorant? get outta here with that nonsense. ya fake news mothafucker.

24 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

you replied to me and no one else, if it wasn't meant for me respond to someone else then...😬😝

I was continuing my thought. I had mentioned a Boyd trade in regard to Marsh. Quoting you does not mean I am excluded from making comments that do not directly relate to you or what you said. 

1 minute ago, Drink More Yakult said:

I said either/or along with being a pessimist so it would only be one of the 3. But it is pretty obtuse of you to miss that.

you, quite literally, have no idea what my posting history is and therefore no sense of me whatsoever. the upshot for you is the same is true for me. i was talking about win expectancy and you started talking some bullshit and lobbing hand grenades.

Animated GIF

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s the most hypocritical thing ever typed on this message board. 

He completely misrepresented what Arte stated about signing the right guy. Arte at the time was discussing the remote possibility that he would be willing to go over the threshold but only do so for the right guy. IP may have forgotten about this and that’s ok. He’s not perfect. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

He completely misrepresented what Arte stated about signing the right guy. Arte at the time was discussing the remote possibility that he would be willing to go over the threshold but only do so for the right guy. IP may have forgotten about this and that’s ok. He’s not perfect. 

Idk if doubling down on an argument with IP is a great idea. It's like getting completely fucking destroyed by an 800 pound silverback gorilla, like you're literally an inch away from death and you need immediate medical attention, but instead of escaping after he leaves you alone you decide you're gonna crawl your mangled-ass back over to him and jam your thumb in his butthole because it's what you do.

Sometimes you just gotta take the L.