• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

7 hours ago, Tank said:

my school started reopening today with grades 1-6. tomorrow we add 7 & 8, and by thursday, all of the high school will be here as well.

parents have the option to keep their kids at home or drop them off here at school.

i had one 8th grader today. had to keep my mask on just for him and didn't enjoy having to do so, but thankfully it was only for one period.

while i'm glad to reopen, it feels like there's such a climate of fear here from our administration, specifically the elementary principal. we have to walk our kids on a specific path to get them up to our classrooms (we're situated on a hill). it seems unnecessary to me, and like we're going overboard on some of the small things. plus i find my principal a bit irritating at times because information from her keeps changing and she doesn't always communicate it well to us - i get that she has her hands full with all of this, but there are some details from her that need to be communicated more clearly. with parents picking up their kids today, more of us have to be on after school duty, but assignments are undefined and there's no specific schedule for this (where there's been a very specific schedule in the past). i try to ask questions as politely as possible, but sometimes my questions are ignored/disregarded, and that frustrates me. 

i hate having to wear the mask the whole time i'm around anyone. going to hate it even more when there are more kids here tomorrow.

The principal is just worried about lawsuits. Give it a month or so and things will be more normal. Humans weren’t meant to cover their faces with a false sense of security. 

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Quite a bit of faux outrage on this one.  The wealthy and powerful received priority?  You mean like how Trump’s fat ass didn’t die when he got Covid because they pumped him full of every experimental drug not available to the general public?  It is what it is.

Very true but the optics are worse after he sent the sick back into the nursing homes and bunch of them died as a result. I imagine that's a hard pill to swallow for the families of those. 

My wife has students in class next week. She only has 7 that will be in class and they still want to split them up on alternate days even though according to guidelines she can have up to 15 in the room at the same time. This is bureaucracy creating a problem out of an established solution.  

'SpongeBob SquarePants' episode pulled by Nickelodeon over coronavirus 'sensitivities'

Popular children's television network Nickelodeon has pulled an upcoming episode of the massively popular "SpongeBob SquarePants" over concerns of its plot.

An episode of the show's current season was set to feature a storyline involving a viral outbreak and subsequent quarantine, prompting the network to nix the episode given the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Nickelodeon offered a statement to Deadline regarding the episode, titled "Kwarantined Krab."

"The ‘Kwarantined Crab’ centers on a virus storyline, so we have decided to not air it due to sensitivities surrounding the global, real-world pandemic," they said.

According to the outlet, the episode featured a case of the "Clam Flu" being discovered by a health inspector at the Krusty Krab, where the titular sea sponge works. The patrons are all quarantined inside.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I’ve got an 8, 6, and 3 year old so not quite there yet. Been keeping an eye on this because the 6 year old has a heart condition for which he’ll have to have some sort of intervention in the future. Hoping I can keep him safe until the vaccination is approved for his age. 

39 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’ve got an 8, 6, and 3 year old so not quite there yet. Been keeping an eye on this because the 6 year old has a heart condition for which he’ll have to have some sort of intervention in the future. Hoping I can keep him safe until the vaccination is approved for his age. 

How much bourbon do you drink? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

How much bourbon do you drink? 

Haven't started yet........

Luckily they are all boys. I was good with the two but the wife really wanted a girl. I guess my Y's are just better swimmers. And while I didn't take a post surgery photo like Adam, I made sure there would be no more.