• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Mayor who banned indoor dining caught dining inside restaurant in another state... read his explanation

Philadelphia’s mayor is facing criticism after a photo has emerged of him dining indoors in Maryland while his city's restaurants are only permitted to serve customers outside.

The image of Jim Kenney – posted on Instagram by restaurateur Marc Vetri – was taken Sunday in the Chesapeake Bay region of Maryland, his office told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"Glad you're enjoying indoor dining with no social distancing or mask wearing in Maryland tonight while restaurants here in Philly close, suffer and fight for every nickel just to survive,” Vetri wrote next to the photo. “I guess all your press briefings and your narrative of unsafe indoor dining don't apply to you. Thank you for clearing it all up for us tonight.”

10 hours ago, fishbulb said:

It says "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned." That's different than saying that 94% of people had comorbidites, when considered in the light of how we use the term comorbidites. With that noted, it's not news that having certain conditions puts people at higher risk.

Like I said earlier, there's no reason that we can't advocate for responsible reopening while not misrepresenting data. We should be reopening, but people need to do their damn part and take appropriate precautions.

Sounds reasonable. I am willing to work with people when they are honest. We can be cautious but honest. The CDC, Fauci, and the media, constantly put these numbers out without context.  This wasn't an accident. We have really punished our kids beyond what was needed. 

11 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Sounds reasonable. I am willing to work with people when they are honest. We can be cautious but honest. The CDC, Fauci, and the media, constantly put these numbers out without context.  This wasn't an accident. We have really punished our kids beyond what was needed. 

That's good to hear that you value honesty. 

Obviously, it has killed more than 9k. It isn't 180k and we needed more honesty from our reporting agencies. 120 to 140k is still very serious but anything below that we really need to evaluate. 100K non covid pneumonia and flu deaths and we don't bat an eye. The reality is herd immunity is the only way through. I have no problem with a reasonable approach but Newsom showed again he isnt all that reasonable. 

I'm guessing a decent number since most people need a negative test before they can return to work.  Doesn't mean they're being counted twice but before I can even go into work I have to fill out a health questionnaire and it includes a question about a negative test if having previously tested positive.  This is based on guidance from the county and/or city.   

19 hours ago, Redondo said:

Mayor who banned indoor dining caught dining inside restaurant in another state... read his explanation

Philadelphia’s mayor is facing criticism after a photo has emerged of him dining indoors in Maryland while his city's restaurants are only permitted to serve customers outside.

The image of Jim Kenney – posted on Instagram by restaurateur Marc Vetri – was taken Sunday in the Chesapeake Bay region of Maryland, his office told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"Glad you're enjoying indoor dining with no social distancing or mask wearing in Maryland tonight while restaurants here in Philly close, suffer and fight for every nickel just to survive,” Vetri wrote next to the photo. “I guess all your press briefings and your narrative of unsafe indoor dining don't apply to you. Thank you for clearing it all up for us tonight.”

They hate us