• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Negative. This should be on the states and individual health care facilities to make sure they have enough. The problem is that they don't want to spend the extra money to keep the stocks high and replenish them when they expire  

Wrong, what do we have a president for if he's absolutely useless?

And read this, Trump is more of a barrier for the states than an asset. Not what you want from the leader of your country.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/26/trump-ppe-fake-news-207523

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

He lied. He lost all trust with the public. That is a huge deal. It contributed to people dying.

No one can believe anything he says anymore and his lies might be the reason people still think this is a hoax 6 months later.

I think this is unreasonable.  Sorry. 

and the hoax people are the way they are and their behavior covers a whole range of things not just this.  It’s not because of Fauci.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I also love the "kids need school" argument. Like not seeing friends for a year is some traumatic experience compared to home-schooling, moving, or the 85% of kids whose parents are getting divorced right now.

Parents just don't wanna deal with the fuckers anymore (can't blame them too much, but your body your choice).

Lol. It’s so easy to spot who doesn’t have kids. 

9 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I also love the "kids need school" argument. Like not seeing friends for a year is some traumatic experience compared to home-schooling, moving, or the 85% of kids whose parents are getting divorced right now.

Parents just don't wanna deal with the fuckers anymore (can't blame them too much, but your body your choice).

dude, you couldn't be more wrong. this isolation has taken a heavy toll on kids, heavier than someone who doesn't deal with it would realize. 

This has not been easy on kids at all. It absolutely blows for them. I really think we need to look at the states that were absolutely hammered initially and whether they see spikes when considering how to proceed. This lockdown stuff just isn't sustainable, and trust me, I'm super familiar with the fact that COVID is no joke.

America's willingness to shit on our kids has been a major disappointment. I watch my son train 4 to 5 hours a day since March only to discover his next game or Senior event has been delayed or canceled. First college season is now moved to spring and 1st semester potentially online. Personally, I had rather get this virus than watch my son's life continued to be delayed. It is time to allow the kids to move on with their lives. Really is BS that good kids are being denied freedom while these shitbag losers raise hell every night.

39 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

America's willingness to shit on our kids has been a major disappointment. I watch my son train 4 to 5 hours a day since March only to discover his next game or Senior event has been delayed or canceled. First college season is now moved to spring and 1st semester potentially online. Personally, I had rather get this virus than watch my son's life continued to be delayed. It is time to allow the kids to move on with their lives. Really is BS that good kids are being denied freedom while these shitbag losers raise hell every night.

I heard figure skating had been hit hard, but daaaamn.

46 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

My girlfriend is a teacher, so obviously neither of us want schools to re-open. 

And I'm sure it's not great for kids, but I guess we both have that old-school "fuck the children" mentality. They can complain about their vidyagames getting stale and their TicTac getting hacked; tell them to try isolation while working OT or dealing with unemployment.

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

And I'm sure it's not great for kids, but I guess we both have that old-school "fuck the children" mentality. They can complain about their vidyagames getting stale and their TicTac getting hacked; tell them to try isolation while working OT or dealing with unemployment.

if your GF is a teacher, then you should better understand that it's not simply an issue of seeing their friends. There are assignments I can't do online, and resources I can't pass around to them through a computer. Being in class together allows a lot more opportunity to be hands on with them.

You're also greatly discounting the difficulty of learning for younger kids or kids with special needs. I have great sympathy for the kids, parents, and teachers of younger students. They're the ones that are going to suffer the most problems in the development of their skillsets by not having in-person instruction.

I hope we can return to our campuses sooner rather than later.

Edited by Tank

2 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

And I get it, it obviously does suck, as the shutdowns suck for a lot of people. But I think this is one of those cases where it's an easy choice, in my opinion, between a year of development vs 14k dead children and several times as many dead parents and teachers. What's worse for a kid: missing a year of learning or watching both their parents die and knowing it's their fault?

I think bars opening up is actually a tougher call than schools at this point.

you understand I'm not calling for the schools to open right now, right?

Fontana School District will not open campus to students any earlier than October, at this point. They have already pushed back the start of the school year. My wife was assigned a 1st grade Special Ed classroom and will be struggling with how to teach when kids barely had kindergarten last year and were not able to pass that level.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Fontana School District will not open campus to students any earlier than October, at this point. They have already pushed back the start of the school year. My wife was assigned a 1st grade Special Ed classroom and will be struggling with how to teach when kids barely had kindergarten last year and were not able to pass that level.

I'm hopeful we'll be able to open our campus by November 1, but expecting we really won't be back on campus until the beginning of January.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

I'm hopeful we'll be able to open our campus by November 1, but expecting we really won't be back on campus until the beginning of January.

That is likely the real timetable. Without a vaccine the Governor is not going to risk his legacy on opening schools too soon and ending up being known as the child murderer. 

3 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I totally support the right of a teacher or teachers wanting to sit things if they don’t feel safe... 

But seeing how there’s not going to be schools for the kids then I think our tax rate should be dropped as well with the funds going to the schools be given back to we the people as a tax cut...

I think that’s reasonable... no service (in this case teaching), no pay

AND ONCE AGAIN... I’m in SUPPORT of teachers WANTING TO SIT OUT if they don’t feel safe

Edited by Orange Lives Matter

11 minutes ago, Orange Lives Matter said:

I totally support the right of a teacher or teachers wanting to sit things if they don’t feel safe... 

But seeing how there’s not going to be schools for the kids then I think our tax rate should be dropped as well with the funds going to the schools be given back to we the people as a tax cut...

I think that’s reasonable... no service (in this case teaching), no pay

AND ONCE AGAIN... I’m in SUPPORT of teachers WANTING TO SIT OUT if they don’t feel safe

Teachers will be teaching, remotely. I haven't heard 1 school district not starting at all. 

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Teachers will be teaching, remotely. I haven't heard 1 school district not starting at all. 

Ok... but for all the parents with jobs who are now forced to leave their jobs and stay home to take care of their kids education, how will they make up for lost wages and dramatic shift in life earnings-wise?...

Also what if the kids don’t have internet or computers / tablets at home to get the assignments, learn and do work?... 

How would you make sure this is not a problem?

Edited by Orange Lives Matter

14 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Who would’ve thought I’d ever be saying this but a RELATIVELY decent article by the New York Times below...

Many kids are not even signing on for their online classes... 

We talk about the gaps of the have and have nots... you don’t think this is gonna set back minority and lower income communities more so than the rich?... CREATING A BIGGER GAP IN THE FUTURE

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/coronavirus-schools-attendance-absent.amp.html

1AA9F9CD-AB15-459A-8554-2E707CB54248.jpeg