• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

If you want to do that, I can't wait until you spend hours doing that only to find the part of the thread where it's already been done.

Must have missed my opening line where I said, "If I cared enough"

I must have missed it as I have to take a break from this thread and some others from time to time. This place can be a loon box.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Fauci should have been shit canned in March. Dude has been wrong from the start  and throws worse than Obama 

I actually agree with this. Fauci's lies about masks not working is a very big deal and I can't believe there is no coverage about it. He definitely deserves to be fired, but not by Trump since Trump would probably replace him with Don Jr. or Barron, and then we're really screwed.

10 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I actually agree with this. Fauci's lies about masks not working is a very big deal and I can't believe there is no coverage about it. He definitely deserves to be fired, but not by Trump since Trump would probably replace him with Don Jr. or Barron, and then we're really screwed.

It all comes down to these people not being willing to just share the simple truth with us, good or bad. 

The initial advice that did not recommend masks was about maintaining PPE for healthcare workers.  That’s an important caveat.   Unfortunate, but it is what it is.  

the way Fauci says it, it was also a reflection of their not understanding asymptomatic spread.  

you can take the guy at his word or not.  But the first point is pretty important.  are we better off during all of this without Fauci ? I think that the answer to that is probably not. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The initial advice that did not recommend masks was about maintaining PPE for healthcare workers.  That’s an important caveat.   Unfortunate, but it is what it is.  

the way Fauci says it, it was also a reflection of their not understanding asymptomatic spread.  

you can take the guy at his word or not.  But the first point is pretty important.  are we better off during all of this without Fauci.  I think that the answer to that is probably not. 

As depressing as it is listening to Fauci, the truth is that the medical experts still do not have a lot of good answers to this virus. I just wish they would be honest and as transparent as possible. If they don't know they should just say they don't know. If there wasn't enough PPE for health care workers at the start of this then that's what they should have told us. Then again many Americans are idiots and can't handle the truth 

Imagine the public doing a run on PPE like toilet paper and the effect on health care workers. You would have had hospital beds filled with irreplaceable nurses and doctors and the shortages of staff would have completely sank our health care. Even in making the decision to keep the PPE in the health care industry there was still shortages.

This was a sacrifice tens of thousands to save millions decision.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

As depressing as it is listening to Fauci, the truth is that the medical experts still do not have a lot of good answers to this virus. I just wish they would be honest and as transparent as possible. If they don't know they should just say they don't know. If there wasn't enough PPE for health care workers at the start of this then that's what they should have told us. Then again many Americans are idiots and can't handle the truth 

The problem with this is that a lot of people are idiots in general and by nature humans are irrational when scared.  Look at the run we had on food, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and so on when there was more than enough if people acted rational when shopping.  The people who suffered most were the elderly who couldn't out muscle people who were panic buying.  If the experts say they don't know that's the match that lights the powder keg and would have made what did end up happening look tame by comparison.  Sometimes our elected officials and experts need to keep things from the public because they know that if the shit really hits the fan there isn't much that can be done when 300M+ Americans are freaking out.

Fauci has made several mistakes, as have all the other experts during this pandemic.

Unfortunately no one knows exactly what to do. But I'll take Fauci's and any other actual expert's word over your dumb social media bullshit. Dr. Fauci has been made a scapegoat, and that's exactly what Trump wanted. It's funny because this dude has been around since Reagan, yet now he has chosen to be part of the deep state and is trying to turn the country into a communist wasteland.

I don't think the kids need school argument is as much about them seeing friends or socializing as it is the fact that some kids aren't doing well with virtual learning.  If kids have parents who weren't involved in normal schooling odds are 99% of those kids are worse off under the current scenario.  Kids that don't get certain things at home whether it's breakfast/lunches during the week or interaction with adults who actually care or at least try are going to suffer the most. 

https://www.wired.com/story/some-countries-reopened-schools-what-did-they-learn-about-kids-and-covid/?ref=hvper.com&utm_medium=website&utm_source=hvper.com

Dimitri Christakis helped draft a separate set of reopening guidelines for US schools in a report for the National Academy of Sciences released July 15. It says schools should take steps to reopen for younger students in grades K-5 and those of all ages who have special needs. Christakis says that with appropriate social distancing, hand-washing and protective masking, the risk to teachers, staff and students in a school can be reduced.

Physicians like Christakis have been following the publication of epidemiological studies around the world to help make decisions about what might happen when schools might reopen in the US. Some countries, like Norway and Denmark, reopened their schools in the late spring starting with younger students. Schools there boosted sanitizing procedures and limited class size, keeping children in small groups at recess and putting space between desks. With these practices in place, neither country saw a rise in cases after reopening schools in April and May, according to a report on worldwide school practices compiled by the University of Washington Department of Global Health earlier this month.

46 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Imagine the public doing a run on PPE like toilet paper and the effect on health care workers. You would have had hospital beds filled with irreplaceable nurses and doctors and the shortages of staff would have completely sank our health care. Even in making the decision to keep the PPE in the health care industry there was still shortages.

This was a sacrifice tens of thousands to save millions decision.

Ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Ya I mean it would be nice 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

you can take the guy at his word or not.  But the first point is pretty important.  are we better off during all of this without Fauci ? I think that the answer to that is probably not. 

He lied. He lost all trust with the public. That is a huge deal. It contributed to people dying.

No one can believe anything he says anymore and his lies might be the reason people still think this is a hoax 6 months later.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Fauci has made several mistakes, as have all the other experts during this pandemic.

Unfortunately no one knows exactly what to do. But I'll take Fauci's and any other actual expert's word over your dumb social media bullshit. Dr. Fauci has been made a scapegoat, and that's exactly what Trump wanted. It's funny because this dude has been around since Reagan, yet now he has chosen to be part of the deep state and is trying to turn the country into a communist wasteland.

agreed

13 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Maintaining PPE for healthcare workers is Trump's job not Facui's btw.

Negative. This should be on the states and individual health care facilities to make sure they have enough. The problem is that they don't want to spend the extra money to keep the stocks high and replenish them when they expire