• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Our government responded to the WHO recommendations and guidelines in a democratic way rather than a police state. Every country that didn't completely control their populations activities before through totalitarian rule ended up with the same problems. 

It will probably go down in history that democracy probably did us in.

We had this under control.  Remember when the state of Calolfornia was praising the feds for their response?  And everywhere but the NY area was relatively extremely under control.  Of course now NY is calling everyone the kettle.  But remember when we expected the worse, had a ship sent our way, and barely used it?  

Then Memorial day happened.  And the riots and protests happened.  Followed by the 4th.  All three signs of 🦅.

And that did us in.  Not the Federal government response.

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

New York killed 32,000 people by gross mismanagement. That is 4 times more than California, six times more than Texas and Florida. They are no shining example of how to handle the pandemic. 

If you call 32000 deaths gross mismanagement what is 150000 deaths?

5 hours ago, tennischmp said:

If you call 32000 deaths gross mismanagement what is 150000 deaths?

If you believe both sets of numbers then 150000 deaths of the 4,371,000 cases is about half the death rate of NY.  So statistically speaking it would be managed better I guess.  If you take NY’s numbers then the percent is that much better. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you believe both sets of numbers then 150000 deaths of the 4,371,000 cases is about half the death rate of NY.  So statistically speaking it would be managed better I guess.  If you take NY’s numbers then the percent is that much better. 

He brought up the deaths and I responded with the same. For the record I don't think either managed it properly, but NY did control the spread of the virus better than all other states. It is unfortunate that so many died in NY but now what we can only hope for is that the rest of the country controls it as well as NY did because if not, NY may not be the state with the most deaths when this is all said and done. 

12 hours ago, tennischmp said:

He brought up the deaths and I responded with the same. For the record I don't think either managed it properly, but NY did control the spread of the virus better than all other states. It is unfortunate that so many died in NY but now what we can only hope for is that the rest of the country controls it as well as NY did because if not, NY may not be the state with the most deaths when this is all said and done. 

So NY controlled the spread but not the deaths. No offense but deaths are more important to me than how many people have it. 

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Got my final results in.  I’m clear. Totally worth it, now I don’t have to wear a mask, I can travel internationally again.  It’s awesome.

Good for you.  Now go streaking down the street yelling I'm immune.

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

So NY controlled the spread but not the deaths. No offense but deaths are more important to me than how many people have it. 

Umm wat? The more people that have a virus that can kill, the more deaths there will be. No offense but I don’t think you care much about about deaths since you seem to be ok with doing what the US is doing and 1000 people dying daily.

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

The more people that have a virus that can kill, the more deaths there will be.

That's not true. The rate of spread is what kills and slowing it is the whole reason we are trying to "flatten the curve." As long as the ICU's aren't overflowing and our government doesn't shove infected people into nursing homes we will be ok and we should open up. It's not very hard to understand.

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

That's not true. The rate of spread is what kills and slowing it is the whole reason we are trying to "flatten the curve." As long as the ICU's aren't overflowing and our government doesn't shove infected people into nursing homes we will be ok and we should open up. It's not very hard to understand.

See so you are ok with 1000 people dying daily. So please excuse me if I don’t take your caring of NY deaths seriously.

Also it’s wasn’t just to flatten the curve it was also a 14 day decrease in cases and hospitalizations. And once that is achieved and states begin opening up, to pause if there is an increase in the cases. That is straight from the White House task force guidelines. 

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Got my final results in.  I’m clear. Totally worth it, now I don’t have to wear a mask, I can travel internationally again.  It’s awesome.

I'm super pumped for you, honestly. That's rather great. Sadly, you're stuck with your syphilis.