fan_since79

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fishbulb said:

This is false and unfortunately has been since this started.

Citing forecasts that COVID-19 deaths could rise to 3,000 per day in June

I think this is pretty serious and have read a lot that while the data for Corona deaths are well documented as false, the impact on society is even worse with people living paycheck to paycheck, depression is up, suicide is up, and unemployment is at a high. Even things we don't think about like agriculture is being affected and I even see at stores how there are distributor issues and a lack of supplies. There is a trickle effect. Luckily, I live here in CA where other places are opening and being fine but we want to lock down everything for funding and fuck shit up even more.....no reason everyone from CA wants to leave CA.

Edited by Brandon

9 hours ago, Tank said:

when my men's chorus travels to sing somewhere, whether it's in NorCal or out of state, there is a 100% chance we'll see a chinese restaurant called golden dragon.

Ours is on West Tropicana.

Western states ask Congress for $1 trillion in coronavirus relief

What's another trillion?  Oh, and how can Calolfornia be asking for a majority of that, when the budget for the state is $50 billion.  With $7 billion of that going to homeless and illegals?  

Times like this, you have to make the hard decision and gut the pig that is teachers, firemen, and police.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Western states ask Congress for $1 trillion in coronavirus relief

What's another trillion?  Oh, and how can Calolfornia be asking for a majority of that, when the budget for the state is $50 billion.  With $7 billion of that going to homeless and illegals?  

Times like this, you have to make the hard decision and gut the pig that is teachers, firemen, and police.  

Because it's bullshit. Dudes in suits making decisions for normal people and the greater good.....sike......we are just lining our pockets. Left, Right, obtuse, who gives a fuck. You have to be blind to not see what's going on here and I absolutely loathe the conspiracy crowd.  There's legit data and findings.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

I don't know about dying from a virus. But I wouldn't mind seeing him "quarantined" away from his family and put in a cage as he did to thousands of children. Fuck that guy.

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can’t think of a single president since maybe Madison that shouldn’t have been locked in a cage for crimes against humanity

Coolidge

And you wonder why prisons are becoming hot spots for the Rona.  What else do they have to lose?

Inmates at one California jail tried to infect themselves with coronavirus, Los Angeles Sheriff says

Inmates at a Los Angeles County correctional facility drank from the same cup with the purpose of infecting one another, resulting in 21 cases of coronavirus, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said.

1 hour ago, fishbulb said:

Allow me to show you how to defend this:

Stephen Miller is a total POS.

I’d throw a big party (with appropriate social distancing) if Stephen Miller croaked.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And you wonder why prisons are becoming hot spots for the Rona.  What else do they have to lose?

Considering that it may be a death sentence...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You think people with decades left behind bars care?

Some probably don't. We have thus far been successful in keeping it out of our prison system - even though the Clark County Jail, where we get the bulk of our inmates from in this part of the state, has had a handful of positive cases. They have been very proactive in isolating cases, which has helped a great deal.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Some probably don't. We have so far been successful in keeping it out of our prison system - even though the Clark County Jail, where we get the bulk of our inmates from in this part of the state, has had a handful of positive cases. They have been very proactive in isolating cases, which has helped a great deal.

The more important thing is, how powerful has La Onda become in the Clark County prison system?

33 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Cuomo is now calling it the "European virus". Always nice to see an American governor lay cover for POS communist China. 

At my office and other offices I’ve been to everyone is now calling it the European Virus.  Pretty much every open place of business is.  How do you not know that?

35 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Cuomo is now calling it the "European virus". Always nice to see an American governor lay cover for POS communist China. 

Just now, calscuf said:

At my office and other offices I’ve been to everyone is now calling it the European Virus.  Pretty much every open place of business is.  How do you not know that?

Yep. It's pretty common around here.

To be fair, we own it at this point. As many dead here as infected in China. Yes, our population is multitudes larger than that of China, but that's no excuse.

Realistically, it should be called the Amerivirus.