• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Coronavirus was circulating in France in December, case report suggests

The coronavirus was circulating in France as early as December, new evidence suggests.

Doctors in France discovered that a patient who went to the hospital in late December with respiratory symptoms was positive for COVID-19, according to The Guardian. The man contracted the virus nearly a month before France confirmed its first cases. But it's still not clear how the man was infected, as he wasn't traveling. Doctors also can't say whether or not the man was France's "patient zero."

The doctors discovered the patient while testing samples taken in December and January from 24 patients who had all tested negative for the flu. One of the samples, taken from a patient on Dec. 27, tested positive for COVID-19.

The doctors had originally collected the samples to test for the flu using a polymerase chain reaction test — the same test used to detect the new coronavirus — which searches for bits of viral genetic material.

The patient, a 43-year-old man from Bobigny, likely became infected sometime between Dec. 14 and Dec. 22, according to the BBC. He presented to the hospital with a dry cough, a fever and trouble breathing on Dec. 27.

He was sick for 15 days and had infected his two children, but not his wife, Dr. Yves Cohen, the head of resuscitation at the Avicenne and Jean Verdier hospitals in Paris told France's BFM TV on May 3. It's too early to know whether or not this patient was France's "patient zero," he added.

The patient's wife worked at a supermarket near Charles de Gaulle airport and could have come in contact with those arriving from China, according to the BBC. It's possible that the patient's wife had been infected first, perhaps asymptomatically, Cohen said. “All the negative PCRs for pneumonia must be tested again," Cohen said. "The virus was probably circulating.”

The French government is now working to confirm this case and will investigate further if necessary, the French health ministry told the BBC.

science/coronavirus-was-circulating-in-france-in-december-case-report-suggests

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

13 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Haven't  had Ballpark in a long time, so I don't know how it compares. The thing i like about All Star is they seem to use quality cheese, and they don't have a loaf of bread at the end of the slices. Their pepperoni has a different taste than other places I've had, and I like it. Always have to stop my son from picking the pepperoni off the slices we are taking home.

Ballpark has a special place in my heart, since my family would get their pizza often when I was growing up. I now live 3 minutes away from their new location, so I'm a frequent customer. It's still just as good as I remember.

All Star had a similar type of pizza (thinner crust), but after eating there, I decided there was no reason I'd ever choose them over Ballpark.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Coronavirus was circulating in France in December, case report suggests

The coronavirus was circulating in France as early as December, new evidence suggests.

Doctors in France discovered that a patient who went to the hospital in late December with respiratory symptoms was positive for COVID-19, according to The Guardian. The man contracted the virus nearly a month before France confirmed its first cases. But it's still not clear how the man was infected, as he wasn't traveling. Doctors also can't say whether or not the man was France's "patient zero."

The doctors discovered the patient while testing samples taken in December and January from 24 patients who had all tested negative for the flu. One of the samples, taken from a patient on Dec. 27, tested positive for COVID-19.

The doctors had originally collected the samples to test for the flu using a polymerase chain reaction test — the same test used to detect the new coronavirus — which searches for bits of viral genetic material.

The patient, a 43-year-old man from Bobigny, likely became infected sometime between Dec. 14 and Dec. 22, according to the BBC. He presented to the hospital with a dry cough, a fever and trouble breathing on Dec. 27.

He was sick for 15 days and had infected his two children, but not his wife, Dr. Yves Cohen, the head of resuscitation at the Avicenne and Jean Verdier hospitals in Paris told France's BFM TV on May 3. It's too early to know whether or not this patient was France's "patient zero," he added.

The patient's wife worked at a supermarket near Charles de Gaulle airport and could have come in contact with those arriving from China, according to the BBC. It's possible that the patient's wife had been infected first, perhaps asymptomatically, Cohen said. “All the negative PCRs for pneumonia must be tested again," Cohen said. "The virus was probably circulating.”

The French government is now working to confirm this case and will investigate further if necessary, the French health ministry told the BBC.

science/coronavirus-was-circulating-in-france-in-december-case-report-suggests

Please post only a snippet of the article as per Chuck's guidance.

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ballpark has a special place in my heart, since my family would get their pizza often when I was growing up. I now live 3 minutes away from their new location, so I'm a frequent customer. It's still just as good as I remember.

All Star had a similar type of pizza (thinner crust), but after eating there, I decided there was no reason I'd ever choose them over Ballpark.

Is the shabu-shabu place still open there?

Just now, Taylor said:

I don't think so.

That sucks. I know they changed ownership, and kind of went down hill. The prior owner was cool as shit. Older Japanese lady that referred to herself as "hot mama." She would pound beers with you, and made a "hot mama sauce" that was tasty. She retired though, sold the business, and moved back to Japan.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

A Chinese, working on a cure, killed by another Chinese.  Sounds like a government hit to keep China in power.  Wake up sheeple.  /puts tin foil hat back on, and goes back in tp fort.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

A Chinese, working on a cure, killed by another Chinese.  Sounds like a government hit to keep China in power.  Wake up sheeple.  /puts tin foil hat back on, and goes back in tp fort.

Has anyone seen Hirrary Crinton?

13 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

In LA my favorite spot is this little shit hole called the Azteca in Glendale.

is that the place across the street from glendale high? i've only had the burrito there (not a very vegetarian friendly place) and it was good, but i've heard everything else is fantastic.