fan_since79

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Appears so.  Or putting out the feelers at a minimum.

 

Wrong.

It's no wonder you libs start and believe all the fake news out there. lol

Let's not find out exactly what's going on, let's assume, take it how we see it and spin it in a way that fits our narrative or comes against someone who opposes my views. 

Pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not typically into conspiracies, but what are your thoughts on this?

Politics aside?

 

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

As always, it's you libs that get your panties in a bunch when certain topics come up

disappointed king of the hill GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wrong.

It's no wonder you libs start and believe all the fake news out there. lol

Let's not find out exactly what's going on, let's assume, take it how we see it and spin it in a way that  fits our narrative or comes against someone who opposes my views. 

Pathetic. 

Ok now I know you're trolling. 

Fair play, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wrong.

It's no wonder you libs start and believe all the fake news out there. lol

Let's not find out exactly what's going on, let's assume, take it how we see it and spin it in a way that  fits our narrative or comes against someone who opposes my views. 

Pathetic. 

image.gif.ca1aa6c52438b736e76d5b95dc4bf53c.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

South Korea also got a far earlier jump than we did. Which is apples and oranges, like the Cuba/HIV topic.

And everyone is being tracked in their cellphone. Are you willing to do that? 

no but you are not going to get apples to apples. look at their pop density and transportation systems. Both factors that should have made it worse there than here. They tested well but we know there are plenty of carriers unaccounted for. You can't ban one side from using South Korea while the doomsday crowd keeps referencing Italy and other struggling nations. America was never going to be Italy and people should have understood that. We over reacted but that is ok. Our intentions were noble.  it is time for course correction and again dominate the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, red321 said:

 

 

South Korea had an extensive testing regime from almost the get go, something the US still doesn't have in place and based on the administration's statement they are going to stop funding a number of drive in test sites and Trump's statements today that testing was "a nice thing"...it appears the US will continue to lag behind on the testing front. South Korea testing also included detailed contact tracing which has allowed them to target who was quarantined.

The US and South Korea discovered their first infected person on the same day.  

That's weird.  The other day Kushner suggested detailed contact tracing and the board libs did a total freak out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And NY and CA is best for him politically?  Because I can show you articles saying CA and NY are getting what they need.  Two of the bigger Rona hotspots in the nation.  And both, gasp, strong Democratic strongholds.

Show me. The governor of CA just said yesterday that they can no longer wait for the federal government to act and that they will start buying and making their own masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Can you still smell the Drakkar on the freeways?

it's non-stop, like smelling the miller brewery off the 210, only less pleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Show me. The governor of CA just said yesterday that they can no longer wait for the federal government to act and that they will start buying and making their own masks.

Should have had the shit to begin with. Feds are option 2. Maybe a few more medical supplies and a few less green energy save the planet solar panels would have been wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And NY and CA is best for him politically?  Because I can show you articles saying CA and NY are getting what they need.  Two of the bigger Rona hotspots in the nation.  And both, gasp, strong Democratic strongholds.

Ya NY is getting them from CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Show me. The governor of CA just said yesterday that they can no longer wait for the federal government to act and that they will start buying and making their own masks.

Really, are you just selective and blind in what you read?  Because it's been on here a number of times.  Hell, I think I just posted it a few hours ago.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/02/gov_gavin_newsom_id_be_lying_to_say_trump_has_not_been_responsive_to_californias_coronavirus_needs.html

And btw.  Newsom announced today he is sending ventilators back to the stockpile so that Trump can send it to Republican states.

Controversy in California after governor sends 500 ventilators back to national stockpile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Really, are you just selective and blind in what you read?  Because it's been on here a number of times.  Hell, I think I just posted it a few hours ago.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/02/gov_gavin_newsom_id_be_lying_to_say_trump_has_not_been_responsive_to_californias_coronavirus_needs.html

And btw.  Newsom announced today he is sending ventilators back to the stockpile so that Trump can send it to Republican states.

Controversy in California after governor sends 500 ventilators back to national stockpile

Wow, that's it? Man, you're naive.

Do you remember when Trump demanded governors to be appreciative towards him for doing a "great job" with the coronavirus? That's all Governor Newsom's praise was about - to get help from Trump or more Californians will die. Trump is literally holding a gun to the governors heads for his poll numbers.

Look at the videos I posted, Newsome clearly says the feds haven't supplied what they need. That video was posted yesterday. Your article was posted April 2nd.

Newsom literally contradicts everything you say:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the ventilators, the article didn't say the ventilators were provided by the federal govt, it just said that CA is sending 500 ventilators to the national stockpile for other states. So where did you get that from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Should have had the shit to begin with. Feds are option 2. Maybe a few more medical supplies and a few less green energy save the planet solar panels would have been wise.

So let me get this straight.

The states pay taxes that the fed govt uses to purchase these masks, but the states are not allowed to use them even though they paid for them?

I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

As for the ventilators, the article didn't say the ventilators were provided by the federal govt, it just said that CA is sending 500 ventilators to the national stockpile for other states. So where did you get that from?

Wow, you really don't read anything but what fits your narrative do you?  You look it up.  It's there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Wow, you really don't read anything but what fits your narrative do you?  You look it up.  It's there.

Show me where it said the ventilators were provided by the federal govt. I looked a thousand times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

no but you are not going to get apples to apples. look at their pop density and transportation systems. Both factors that should have made it worse there than here. They tested well but we know there are plenty of carriers unaccounted for. You can't ban one side from using South Korea while the doomsday crowd keeps referencing Italy and other struggling nations. America was never going to be Italy and people should have understood that. We over reacted but that is ok. Our intentions were noble.  it is time for course correction and again dominate the world. 

The difference between S Korea and Italy is that both approached this situation completely different from one another. The Koreans went big, the Italians ignored it. They have separate outcomes to the same problem for that reason.

And we wont be either because we emulated a but of both.

We all talked about this a few weeks ago on here.... we too could be crawling out of our bunkers by now, like Korea and Taiwan. But Americans arent willing to do what those countries did... this is the problem.

If we told everyone today "stay inside your f*cking house, no exceptions. We will pay all your bills. Just stay inside for 4 weeks, and money is no object. And then it will be back to normal", the freeways would still have people on them tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

So let me get this straight.

The states pay taxes that the fed govt uses to purchase these masks, but the states are not allowed to use them even though they paid for them?

I don't get it.

Healthcare and emergency supplies fall on the state and local government. Most don't fully fund these because they are broke from pissing  money away. The Feds are a secondary resource as needed. The media chose to bash Trump but the reality is many states failed. Biggest failure New York

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Interesting read.  And surprisingly, it's a yay Schwartzenegger as governor moment.  I'm sure some won't read it though.

California created a massive medical reserve – with acute care beds, ventilators and N95 masks — then let it collapse

Brown, the former governor, declined to be interviewed for this story. Officials in the state Department of Finance declined to comment. Officials with the state Public Health Department declined interviews and provided only brief written answers to some questions, declining to provide a full accounting of the stockpile. 

 

Assholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Yet on the morning of March 16th there were 69 deaths, as I type this 24 days later were closing in on 17,000 deaths, with restrictions, and closures, and masks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.