fan_since79

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

They’re talking about digging mass graves in NY public parks.  For fucks sake.  Don’t recall the flu doing that. 

Apparently that was just sensationalist fake news to get more clicks. Really makes you wonder how much of this bullshit is just that: bullshit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/06/us/new-york-park-burial-morgue-capacity/index.html

15 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Why can’t we be like Sweden and tell the vulnerable part of the population to stay home instead of ruining everybody’s life?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/08/is-swedens-lax-approach-coronavirus-backfiring/

For people suffering lockdowns across the world, Sweden’s approach might appear tempting to emulate. If Swedes can continue their daily lives and keep their economy going at no higher cost in terms of health, why not pursue the same strategy?

Although much remains unknown, there is already enough data to suggest that this laissez-faire approach constitutes a dangerous gamble with human life. There are indications that Sweden is experiencing a higher death toll than its neighbors. While the Scandinavian countries reported their first fatalities at roughly the same time, Sweden as of April 8 had 687 fatalities, Denmark 218 and Norway 93. In per capita terms, Sweden is faring clearly worse than Norway and increasingly worse than Denmark.

In particular, Sweden seems to have failed to protect its most vulnerable citizens, in part by relying on speculative cultural theories. Authorities have argued that Swedes socialize less across generations than southern Europeans, and that Sweden could let the elderly self-isolate while merely slowing the spread of the virus among the rest of the population until so-called herd immunity is attained. (Although herd immunity is not the official strategy, some officials maintain that there is no other conceivable way to stop the epidemic, praising the original British strategy that the United Kingdom later backed away from.)

12 hours ago, the dude abides said:

lol

shouldn’t that go in the pizzagate thread?

13 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not typically into conspiracies, but what are your thoughts on this?

Politics aside? I haven't even fully begun to process this.

Thoughts?

From Robert F Kennedy Jr's Instagram post today:

"Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft’s ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy—the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism. 

What's the records for facepalms on a post?

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Cuba is an island nation, so a lot easier to quarantine. It also isnt wealthy, so not an daily influx of tourist / trade.

More importantly, Cubas first AIDS case was in 1986.... and the quarantined immediately.

Ours started exploding 5 years prior.  Well before anyone knew it existed. (And research has found victims of it 20 years prior in the US).

Point being, it had already run amok in the US before we knew it. Cuba was able to contain it because before it got to them, they not only knew it existed, but also had tests in hand to identify exactly who had it. 

To put it in perspective, by the time cuba got its first case, every state in america had it. And cuba is smaller and less populated than florida. By the time cuba had its first documented case, AIDS was a hot topic globally, and close to 20K americans had already died. The cubans had a head start that we didnt.

We could have absolutely slowed the spread... but at the time, the government and much of america looked at "gay cancer" as a "thats what they get".

Reagan didnt acknowledge aids publically until 1985.... at which time some 13,000 had already died of it in the US....

So, yeah, we could have done a lot more to slow it down. But didnt. 

Everette Koop killed his career by going against reagan and telling the truth about how it spread. This is what Australia did... who also did a lot better than us. Less restrictive than cuba. Same results.

It's also a false comparison because of how the two diseases spread. You could limit the spread of AIDs without quarantine, the same cannot be said about this coronavirus at this time

5 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Nah, those videos are a total of 4-5 minutes.

Given the novel-length post that you made, I'm sure you have time to watch them.

Watch them, even if you "don't care." It gives you a good idea how easily concepts can be presented in a way that's deceptive when taken out of context. It's worth your 4-5 minutes.

Also, it gives more context to the very text of the fw:fw:fw:fw: meme that was part of your post and how vaccines relate to overpopulation as we head into the future. Watch it, watch it, watch it.

FB_IMG_1586399592611.thumb.jpg.bcd399ac34f2997746ce2b917f560576.jpg

Context is everything. That was a straight copy and paste from something I saw on Facebook @RallyMo.

Like I said, I didn't care enough about it. Just wanted to see what y'all thought.

14 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

They’re talking about digging mass graves in NY public parks.  For fucks sake.  Don’t recall the flu doing that. 

In fairness, grave shortages are nothing new to New York City. They have evicted the dead recently to create space. As a state, New York buries 15k people a month. We could get a better sense of the crisis if overall death total were being released. They have 7-8k corona deaths in 25 days. on Average 11-12k people die in a 25 day span. The state could clear any and all doubts by releasing total death statistics over the last 25 days. Why keep it a secret?  New York was not prepared on any level for a crisis. Hospitals are taking 9 days to release the bodies. even when  totals were low. State restrictions did not allow morgues to work 24 hours initially.  Backlog started and now it is full snowball.

And yes the Chinese flu of 1957 killed 70k-115k and the Kung Fu flu of 1968 killed 100k Americans. If you go way back to 2017-18 the flu killed 60k-80k Americans. This virus is much closer to 2017 flu than 1912. 

43 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Oh boy.

Why did you even post it?

Because I've been seeing this shit on my Facebook timeline from a few folks. I wasn't buying it, but I like to get others opinions on shit like this. 

Since when did posting something on here mean that you've adopted it as your own belief? 

This is a discussion forum in case you didn't know. 

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not typically into conspiracies, but what are your thoughts on this?

Politics aside? I haven't even fully begun to process this.

Thoughts?

FB_IMG_1586399592611.jpg

From Robert F Kennedy Jr's Instagram post today:

@RallyMo, @red321 what part of the bolded text did you not understand from my post last night? 

Context. Context. Context. I asked a question, I didn't adopt this belief dipshits. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Because I've been seeing this shit on my Facebook timeline from a few folks. I wasn't buying it, but I like to get others opinions on shit like this. 

Since when did posting something on here mean that you've adopted it as your own belief? 

This is a discussion forum in case you didn't know. 

*Posts something obviously stupid*

*People react to it being obviously stupid*

"Oh I don't believe in that stuff haha I just wanted to discuss it!"

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

*Posts something obviously stupid*

*People react to it being obviously stupid*

"Oh I don't believe in that stuff haha I just wanted to discuss it!"

Dear gawd you're an imbecile. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Hey I'm not the one posting Facebook conspiracy antivaxx garbage on here expecting people to "discuss" it.

You absolute fuck.

It's within the context of this thread topic. People are buying into this madness. 

If you don't want to engage, skip over it moron.