• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Interesting read.  And surprisingly, it's a yay Schwartzenegger as governor moment.  I'm sure some won't read it though.

California created a massive medical reserve – with acute care beds, ventilators and N95 masks — then let it collapse

Brown, the former governor, declined to be interviewed for this story. Officials in the state Department of Finance declined to comment. Officials with the state Public Health Department declined interviews and provided only brief written answers to some questions, declining to provide a full accounting of the stockpile. 

Assholes.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

20 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Yet on the morning of March 16th there were 69 deaths, as I type this 24 days later were closing in on 17,000 deaths, with restrictions, and closures, and masks.  

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The difference between S Korea and Italy is that both approached this situation completely different from one another. The Koreans went big, the Italians ignored it. They have separate outcomes to the same problem for that reason.

And we wont be either because we emulated a but of both.

We all talked about this a few weeks ago on here.... we too could be crawling out of our bunkers by now, like Korea and Taiwan. But Americans arent willing to do what those countries did... this is the problem.

If we told everyone today "stay inside your f*cking house, no exceptions. We will pay all your bills. Just stay inside for 4 weeks, and money is no object. And then it will be back to normal", the freeways would still have people on them tomorrow.

A lot of truths. We have to take the good with the bad. Thus is life in a free nation. Ben Franklin was a fairly smart man.  He wasn't a super fan of trading freedom for security. 

Economic success leads to military might. Military might ensures freedom. We can survive 6-8 weeks. We keep pushing this bs 12-18 months and we lose our economy and our liberty.

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Interesting read.  And surprisingly, it's a yay Schwartzenegger as governor moment.  I'm sure some won't read it though.

California created a massive medical reserve – with acute care beds, ventilators and N95 masks — then let it collapse

To be fair, schwartzeneggar was acutely aware of the apocalypse in our futures.

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yet on the morning of March 16th there were 69 deaths, as I type this 24 days later were closing in on 17,000 deaths, with restrictions, and closures, and masks.  

2017-2018 4k deaths per week at peak. If I count peak weeks as you just did. 12k-15k deaths during bad months. We know corona has been here since Jan/February and we are at the peak. We are social distancing now but we had a damn vaccine in 2018. Again, 2018 had 60-80k deaths in a year with vaccine. Corona is projecting 61k over 8-9 months. Flu deaths are not mandatory reports but Corona gets to count everything. Corona is a bad flu at best.

The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) began counting the 2017–2018 "flu season" as October 2017, and by early February 2018, the epidemic was still widespread and increasing overall. By February 2018, the CDC said that the circulating virus strains included both B strains (Yamagata and Victoria), H1N1 and H3N2.[6] On 10 February 2018, Fortune reported that influenza in the United States was killing up to 4,000 Americans a week, likely to far outstrip the rate of deaths in the 2009–2010 season. An expert from the CDC, Anne Schuchat, said that the main type of the flu that year had not "changed enough from previous seasons to be considered a novel strain."[citation needed] In the first week of February, deaths from influenza and pneumonia were responsible for one of every ten deaths in the US, with 4,064 from pneumonia or influenza recorded in the third week of 2018, according to CDC data. The CDC also reported 63 child deaths at that point, half of which were not considered medically high risk, and only about 20 percent who were vaccinated.[7][8] Only two of those deaths were babies under six months old.[9]

The 2017–2018 flu season was severe for all US populations and resulted in an estimated 959,000 hospitalizations and 61,099 deaths. This is the highest number of patient claims since the 2009 flu season. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, during the 2017-2018 season the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was at or above the epidemic threshold for 16 consecutive weeks. Nationally, mortality attributed to P&I exceeded 10.0% for four consecutive weeks, peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018.[10] Another estimate (September 2018) attributed more than 80,000 US deaths to this strain of influenza.[11][12] While 186 pediatric deaths were reported to the CDC,[3] it is estimated that there were in reality more than 600 total pediatric deaths nationwide related to influenza. This estimation of three times the reported pediatric deaths was arrived at based on the observation that about two-thirds of children who died with a suspected viral background were not tested for influenza.[

19 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

K, I found it for you. Very kind of Trump to send CA 170 broken ventilators.

Are you blaming Trump for the ventilators being broken? They were easily fixed btw. 

I’d also like to add that doctors are beginning to move away from using ventilators on patients because many of them think it’s causing more harm than good. 

15 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

yes i was 0 of 57 things listed. Stil gave me 8%. Must figure we are a little queer for taking it

Yeah, I was surprised to be just over a quarter of the way to 100% by just answering two.....I thought about shaving my head because the mop on my head is way out of line and while I did the House Party app with some friends and none of the other options listed, the app said this chick I've been trying to smash since December was on and when I added her it called her but unexpectedly, but through FaceTime and not the app....so I think that counts. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I was surprised to be just over a quarter of the way to 100% by just answering two.....I thought about shaving my head because the mop on my head is way out of line and while I did the House Party app with some friends and none of the other options listed, the app said this chick I've been trying to smash since December was on and when I added her it called her but unexpectedly, but through FaceTime and not the app....so I think that counts. 

lol hell the chick should have canceled out the head shaving.

7 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

lol hell the chick should have canceled out the head shaving.

I look terrible with a shaved head. She definitely wouldn't let me get it in.

But I'd kind of rather take comfort than sex right now. My hair this long is making me suicidal. I look like one of the Beetles if he were gay, but only liked to be on the bottom.

9 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

1 of 57.  And I only marked banana bread because my wife made it, and I ate some of it.

seeing how close in score I am to @angelinkc, it is my mission this evening to find the first random dong in a 10 mile radius and shove it up my cornhole.

To widen the gap, if you must (double entendre intended)

i might have misjudged you, i would have guessed 8 or 10 for you

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Are you blaming Trump for the ventilators being broken? They were easily fixed btw. 

I’d also like to add that doctors are beginning to move away from using ventilators on patients because many of them think it’s causing more harm than good. 

BUT TRUMP!

DON'T RUIN THE NARRATIVE!!!!!