• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

They actually have a Rocky Mountain Oysters festival in Fall City, not to far from my house. 

They call it the Testy Festy. lol

So, meant to bring this up earlier.

Whereas we judge the chinese for their disgusting eating habits, we gloss over the fact we eat some disgusting ass shit ourselves.

Also. At least they can rightfully admit "dude, we're f*cking poor. We'll eat anything to survive".

Then you go to youtube, and watch what people would eat on Fear Factor ..  just to be on TV. 

Just now, RallyMo said:

Oh.

Sorry.

I'll answer.

I think it's stupid.

Perfect. That's all I really needed. 

Though @ten ocho recon scout went the extra mile which was great. 

I know some friends and family up here that really believe this stuff. They think Gates is the devil. Crazy stuff. 

I like to keep an open mind to some things, but not too open. 

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Saw something about that last night.

Forgetting for a second the current tragedy, this, to me, is fascinating.

Ive mentioned before that ive always had an interest in these things. Medical "detectives" do some interesting things.

Its crazy how this virus, which is a collection of simple molecules, has been able to round the globe in such a short time.

Some mentioned on here a few weeks back that NY has a lot of italians, and that must be why and here we see that its very possible. But to be fair, it could be from any number of european countries. And until a "patient zero" is identified, its speculative that this is how it arrived.

This something those in the planning/pandemic scenario builders will have to adjust their models/calculations in the future.  Before it was probably something more of China and the connection to China.  But I think in an earlier article way towards the beginning of this thread, it was shown that there were something like 100,000 Wuhans working in Italy in their sweatsh....factories.  Personally I think you could connect those dots then it spreading to Italians then to the US/NY.  I think that is one thing underestimated in this virus by everyone.  That we were so preoccupied with China, and we were actually pretty effective in closing that avenue off.  But that it would so quickly backdoor us from another country no where close to China.   Gross.

47 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@RallyMo, @red321 what part of the bolded text did you not understand from my post last night? 

Context. Context. Context. I asked a question, I didn't adopt this belief dipshits. 

I think you got called out for posting inane facebook conspiracy memes and need to watch out you don't hurt yourself back peddling

Lots of reports about states ordering medical equipment and supplies, only to see them confiscated by the feds.

If what the Denver Post (op-ed) outlines here is true...that's some seriously fucked up bullshit

Cory Gardner...Republican in a tight re-election campaign in Colorado did some twitter mutual masturbation with the *president

Trump had only days before prevented Colorado Gov. Jared Polis from securing 500 ventilators from a private company, instead, taking the ventilators for the federal government. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-editorial-trump-gardner-polis-supplies/

“President Donald Trump is treating life-saving medical equipment as emoluments he can dole out as favors to loyalists. It’s the worst imaginable form of corruption — playing political games with lives.”

Just now, Stradling said:

Well I believe that without doing what we have done to social distance that the deaths would have been a helluva lot more.  

I am sure distancing helped. Do we think distancing is more effective than vaccinations? Vaccines are only about 30% effective.  What was missing from the argument was context. This was not the first new or most lethal  virus to hit the United States. A little more individual thinking and a lot less herd mentality could have provided a more effective solution than shitting on the Constitution. Unfortunately, America is much like this board. Like thinkers with constant need for public affirmation. Still love your food. Yall need to add a Carolina Burger to the menu.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

14 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I am sure distancing helped. Do we think distancing is more effective than vaccinations? Vaccines are only about 30% effective.  What was missing from the argument was context. This was not the first new or most lethal  virus to hit the United States. A little more individual thinking and a lot less herd mentality could have provided a more effective solution than shitting on the Constitution. Unfortunately, America is much like this board. Like thinkers with constant need for public affirmation. Still love your food. Yall need to add a Carolina Burger to the menu.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

i believe there’s no vaccination for Covid. So it’s irrelevant. 

21 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Are you comparing the flu vaccine with other vaccines? The flu vaccine is seasonal, and is based on medical professionals attempting to determine what strains will be prevalent for the upcoming flu season.

Your 30% rate is most likely based on taking 2018-2019 effectiveness, which is one of the lower averages. Averages for the flu vaccine usually range around 50%, some higher, some years lower (the lowest being 14%)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/effectiveness-studies.htm

I don't know if the idea is a vaccine for this virus would be the same type of vaccine

59 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Some mentioned on here a few weeks back that NY has a lot of italians, and that must be why and here we see that its very possible. But to be fair, it could be from any number of european countries. And until a "patient zero" is identified, its speculative that this is how it arrived.

Those "Italians" in NY/NJ immigrated many generations ago.  There is such a big community there that they have kept their identity, but I doubt they are traveling to the "old country" very often like Michael Corleone.  Probably just common tourist destination for Americans, Chinese, etc.