fan_since79

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

25 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

That’s awesome. I raise a lot of hell about the shutdowns but I couldn’t work in hospital. Probably should t bitch about getting paid to stay home when people are working in these condition. Glad she got rewarded. 

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

China has lied about everything. 

7 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

China's actions (government) on this since day 1 have been absolutely awful.

Agree. They have not been forthright and have hindered the process for everyone else.

It's their fault it spread all over the world at this rate.

12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is awful.  At some point the Constitution and these rules are going to collide.

Typical Florida. I mean the Gov just decided to finally close the beaches a couple days ago. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

from 2007:

SHOULD WE BE READY FOR THE REEMERGENCE OF SARS? Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination (375), which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.

SARS-CoV is highly capable of jumping interspecies barriers and is an excellent candidate as an emerging or reemerging pathogen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176051/

It's also from 2008-2020.

Reporters are trying to derail the virus briefing with questions about the IG who Trump just fired, and the president goes off on an extended rant against him and the whistleblower.

"I know all about the whistleblower and you all know about the whistleblower, and someone should sue his ass off!"

Classic Trump.

3 hours ago, angelinkc said:

If we could see overall numbers , we could squash rumors.

We can see overall numbers in Europe via their excess mortality monitoring system: http://euromomo.eu/

Even in the breakdown by country, we see Italy is seeing excess mortality merely on par with the 2016-17 flu season.  Spain is still below the peak of both 16-17 and 17-18 flu seasons.  Most other European countries are well down compare to prior flu season peaks.  Even among 65+ age group all of Europe has lower excess mortality than all three immediate prior flu seasons.

Don't get angry at me, it's just numbers.

16 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

We can see overall numbers in Europe via their excess mortality monitoring system: http://euromomo.eu/

Even in the breakdown by country, we see Italy is seeing excess mortality merely on par with the 2016-17 flu season.  Spain is still below the peak of both 16-17 and 17-18 flu seasons.  Most other European countries are well down compare to prior flu season peaks.  Even among 65+ age group all of Europe has lower excess mortality than all three immediate prior flu seasons.

I think you are trying to prove my point. 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

While it’s unclear what actually happened during the call between
@realDonaldTrump
and pro sports commissioners including Roger Goodell, my understanding is going in, the plan was to discuss charitable contributions and how the leagues would help those dealing with coronavirus.

Hope he ordered them sons of bitches to play this fall. The WNBA needs to stay closed. Theses hospitals can use some help in the kitchen.

16 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Hope he ordered them sons of bitches to play this fall. The WNBA needs to stay closed. Theses hospitals can use some help in the kitchen.

If anything the WNBA would be the first to open because their crowds have been social distancing since 1996.

Oh hey we can't dunk and we shoot college threes with a tiny basketball. 

But yet somehow the majority of players are still black. Obviously lots of women in the hood playing ball to stay away from drugs and not just genetics based on slave breeding.

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh hey we can't dunk and we shoot college threes with a tiny basketball. 

But yet somehow the majority of players are still black. Obviously lots of women in the hood playing ball to stay away from drugs and not just genetics based on slave breeding.

Probably has more to do with all the white lesbians playing soccer.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is awful.  At some point the Constitution and these rules are going to collide.

but safety!!

1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

raw.gif

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What?

Our leaders do dumb shit in the name of safety. They signed the Patriot Act a mere 6 weeks after 9/11 and it's still going on today.