• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Oh man you face’d me, grandpa!  Yeah, I caught the fake disease the media made so they could scare FS.

If it wasn't for the media you would have just thought you had the flu. Probably wouldn't have even given it a second thought. Hope you enjoyed sweating your oversized balls off in your garage.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

The buy in is at a cost. As is teachers get little support financially to maintain classroom supplies, it comes from their post tax salaries and there are no write offs.

So what makes you think the school districts, that have already sunk years of budgets on laptops for students to work at home, will keep and maintain cleanliness standards they hadn't met in the past? They are going to make teachers janitors of their own rooms spending an inordinate amount of time scrubbing everything from desks, chairs, tables, right down to each pencil handed out. 

Then just think for one second how you are going to get children, the little social beasts, to act like robots and not congregate, not touch one another, not rub their snotty noses and then touch everything in sight, how do you control an infection breeding ground?

It's pretty easy to shit on the teachers union, my wife doesn't like them either and she's been teaching for over 20 years. But in this case they are the only thing between tens of thousands of employees and a State that can't even administer vaccines or have a functionally consistent policy in this pandemic that actually has had any real impact on prevention of spread. 

One teacher in a room of 30 uncontrolled subjects that have no consistent protocols at home. Until vaccinated I don't think a single teacher should be demanded to work under those circumstances. 

We have been told that this is exactly what we will be doing a couple of times per day. We go back to our building on the first. I'll only have half of my room, but we cannot have any community supplies. The laptops have all been checked out to the neediest families, which means finding a new way to do my quizzes, at least for my in-person kids. On the plus side, I did get the first dose of the vaccine yesterday and have had no ill effects so far.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Again, it's not your life on the line so your kids get a better education. You should treat teachers with more respect. 

Construction workers have a higher risk of catching Covid-19 than teachers. Their union reps are just being assholes per usual.

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

California needs to be broken up into about 4 or 5 states. The amount of bureaucracy that clogs up this place is beyond hopeless.

They need to be their own country and separate from the rest of the states. 

The libs will have a field day while they continue to destroy the state. 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

They need to be their own country and separate from the rest of the states. 

The libs will have a field day while they continue to destroy the state. 

I don't think the rest of the country would like it very much for very long. The California economy is powerful and helps fuel other states.

NY sure did it right and should be an example for the rest of the country.

NY nursing home virus deaths were undercounted, AG says

New York may have undercounted COVID-19 deaths of nursing home residents by as much as 50%, the state’s attorney general said in a report released Thursday.

Edited by gotbeer