• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah. Danny K's is opening today. My friends bar on the 1st.

It's not actual bars and I was surprised to learn that part of the reopening was no bars or no bar areas. So while you can still get a drink, the bar areas need to be empty. So if you serve food, you're cool. It was interesting to walk to the restroom and peek and sure enough it was empty.

One of the interesting things I heard that some are trying to loop hole is some local bars don't serve food, so they can't open. But since this is a small knit group some bars are in talks with my friends bar/restaurant to buy food from them so they can serve food and get that designation. Not sure how that works legally as there is no license for food or health department designation. Kind of weird and curious to see how it's going to work.

The weird thing is talking to that dude at the little speakeasy type thing he was surprised a bigger chain like El Torito opened. He said part of the re-opening process is you had to send a very detailed plan to the county and get it approved to get the ok, but the county isn't open on Saturday. A lot of places just seemed to open with their own interpretation of the phase launch.

Interesting... I know a few bars that will do food truck / pop up collaborations with local food vendors. I wonder if that is a potential loop-hole.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Interesting... I know a few bars that will do food truck / pop up collaborations with local food vendors. I wonder if that is a potential loop-hole.

We were curious about that, too. There seems to be a way you're supposed to do it, but many places just said, "fuck it" and opened anyway.

Seems like people are also making their own interpretations, but kind of fed up and not wanting to fail, so they are kind of like, "come stop me"

Found out a shitty dive bar in Tustin has basically been open the whole time and didn't care. They got shut down recently and are one of the ones trying to buy food to have chicken wings on the menu and act like that is ok. Shady place anyway.

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah. Danny K's is opening today. My friends bar on the 1st.

It's not actual bars and I was surprised to learn that part of the reopening was no bars or no bar areas. So while you can still get a drink, the bar areas need to be empty. So if you serve food, you're cool. It was interesting to walk to the restroom and peek and sure enough it was empty.

One of the interesting things I heard that some are trying to loop hole is some local bars don't serve food, so they can't open. But since this is a small knit group some bars are in talks with my friends bar/restaurant to buy food from them so they can serve food and get that designation. Not sure how that works legally as there is no license for food or health department designation. Kind of weird and curious to see how it's going to work.

The weird thing is talking to that dude at the little speakeasy type thing he was surprised a bigger chain like El Torito opened. He said part of the re-opening process is you had to send a very detailed plan to the county and get it approved to get the ok, but the county isn't open on Saturday. A lot of places just seemed to open with their own interpretation of the phase launch.

That Selmas place i always post about opened Friday, Heroes and Legends opens tomorrow. I saw their Facebook posts so that's why I decided to look it up, and found the article. Hoping to hear something about youth sports soon. My son is itching to get back out there.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We were curious about that, too. There seems to be a way you're supposed to do it, but many places just said, "fuck it" and opened anyway.

Seems like people are also making their own interpretations, but kind of fed up and not wanting to fail, so they are kind of like, "come stop me"

Found out a shitty dive bar in Tustin has basically been open the whole time and didn't care. They got shut down recently and are one of the ones trying to buy food to have chicken wings on the menu and act like that is ok. Shady place anyway.

Just microwave up some frozen pizza.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That Selmas place i always post about opened Friday, Heroes and Legends opens tomorrow. I saw their Facebook posts so that's why I decided to look it up, and found the article. Hoping to hear something about youth sports soon. My son is itching to get back out there.

Yeah, sounds like some places are going to be slow to open unless they were on the takeout tip because places didn't place orders for food to go to waste or kegs to just sit there. That's why friends place is the 1st....ready to go, just need to get the distributors to deliver.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

So People are upset that a bunch of other people got on boats and were out in the water having a good time?   Silly.  Most boats out there have 4-6 people.  Very difficult to be within 6 feet of other boats.   It’s also an area that’s probably 100 degrees.   Seems pretty damn safe to me.  The biggest threat is drinking and driving a boat.  
Also I’ll be relaxing in a pool for a few days in Havasu next weekend. 

My cousin keeps his boat there and been out a couple times, love it there. I was only making a funny at Redondo for adding "Trump flags everywhere."  Personally to me, go on out to Havasu and have a blast, everyone should be able to make their personal decisions. 

And you are right, you are more likely to be hit by a drunk boat leaving party cove than getting the rona. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:35 PM, Adam said:

I question that. Im in no position to say if its false, true or whatever. I we just haven't seen it in OC.

First question that comes to mind is if there is something else leading to it.... like certain hospitals being set up strictly for covid, so this hospital getting "their" suicide attempts.

Next question is how many are actual suicide attempts versus simple 5150s. "Im thinking of hurting myself" vs i tried cutting my wrists.

Because one increase we have seen is hobos doing the latter... because with everything closed, like where they get food, a shitter, etc...... 5150 at the hospital is a hotel room paid for by the state....

On 5/24/2020 at 6:28 AM, Stradling said:

So People are upset that a bunch of other people got on boats and were out in the water having a good time?   Silly.  Most boats out there have 4-6 people.  Very difficult to be within 6 feet of other boats.   It’s also an area that’s probably 100 degrees.   Seems pretty damn safe to me.  The biggest threat is drinking and driving a boat.  
Also I’ll be relaxing in a pool for a few days in Havasu next weekend. 

Totally random question. But do you habe a boat when you go out there, or just relax at a house?

Im too lazy to go that far just to chill.