• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But then we'd also have to include the people who die out of the hospital from it, but arent tested for it, because the coroner doesn't have enough test kits.

Right now most are being declared without testing. Just very odd New York can’t release any death numbers except covid right now. If we could see overall numbers , we could squash rumors. 3 states were bold enough to lie about a kid dying. Imagine all the shady stuff going on with classifying grandma with multiple issues. I don’t think trump will address it right now. Should be addressed once we turn the corner 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

30 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Bravery wasn’t really the point of my first post. Needles and hospitals are two things I try to avoid. How is your daughter? Has she said anything about how the deaths are classified ? I imagine she probably just focused on treating people and staying healthy. 

Think they may be moving her back to the stroke patient floor. Not sure if she got moved to the covid floor because nurses quit or really did get sick, maybe from just flu, but truth is they have to be pretty discreet on the covid subject. Bad publicity or may keep people going to her hospital that still need hospitalization for other illnesses.  I think they all should be tested went home sick or not working there but they just don't have enough I guess. She says their census, how they test full beds, is very low so knock on wood. I think they sent the rookies like her down to work with higher skilled ICU nurses to see how to intubate and stuff in case it goes to hell here one day. Since she did brave it out she got another designation and bumped up the ladder a bit.  

11 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Think they may be moving her back to the stroke patient floor. Not sure if she got moved to the covid floor because nurses quit or really did get sick, maybe from just flu, but truth is they have to be pretty discreet on the covid subject. Bad publicity or may keep people going to her hospital that still need hospitalization for other illnesses.  I think they all should be tested went home sick or not working there but they just don't have enough I guess. She says their census, how they test full beds, is very low so knock on wood. I think they sent the rookies like her down to work with higher skilled ICU nurses to see how to intubate and stuff in case it goes to hell here one day. Since she did brave it out she got another designation and bumped up the ladder a bit.  

That’s awesome. I raise a lot of hell about the shutdowns but I couldn’t work in hospital. Probably should t bitch about getting paid to stay home when people are working in these condition. Glad she got rewarded. 

from 2007:

SHOULD WE BE READY FOR THE REEMERGENCE OF SARS? Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination (375), which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.

SARS-CoV is highly capable of jumping interspecies barriers and is an excellent candidate as an emerging or reemerging pathogen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176051/

25 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

That’s awesome. I raise a lot of hell about the shutdowns but I couldn’t work in hospital. Probably should t bitch about getting paid to stay home when people are working in these condition. Glad she got rewarded. 

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

China has lied about everything. 

7 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

China's actions (government) on this since day 1 have been absolutely awful.

Agree. They have not been forthright and have hindered the process for everyone else.

It's their fault it spread all over the world at this rate.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

from 2007:

SHOULD WE BE READY FOR THE REEMERGENCE OF SARS? Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination (375), which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.

SARS-CoV is highly capable of jumping interspecies barriers and is an excellent candidate as an emerging or reemerging pathogen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176051/

It's also from 2008-2020.

Reporters are trying to derail the virus briefing with questions about the IG who Trump just fired, and the president goes off on an extended rant against him and the whistleblower.

"I know all about the whistleblower and you all know about the whistleblower, and someone should sue his ass off!"

Classic Trump.

3 hours ago, angelinkc said:

If we could see overall numbers , we could squash rumors.

We can see overall numbers in Europe via their excess mortality monitoring system: http://euromomo.eu/

Even in the breakdown by country, we see Italy is seeing excess mortality merely on par with the 2016-17 flu season.  Spain is still below the peak of both 16-17 and 17-18 flu seasons.  Most other European countries are well down compare to prior flu season peaks.  Even among 65+ age group all of Europe has lower excess mortality than all three immediate prior flu seasons.

Don't get angry at me, it's just numbers.

16 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

We can see overall numbers in Europe via their excess mortality monitoring system: http://euromomo.eu/

Even in the breakdown by country, we see Italy is seeing excess mortality merely on par with the 2016-17 flu season.  Spain is still below the peak of both 16-17 and 17-18 flu seasons.  Most other European countries are well down compare to prior flu season peaks.  Even among 65+ age group all of Europe has lower excess mortality than all three immediate prior flu seasons.

Don't get angry at me, it's just numbers.

I think you are trying to prove my point. 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

While it’s unclear what actually happened during the call between
@realDonaldTrump
and pro sports commissioners including Roger Goodell, my understanding is going in, the plan was to discuss charitable contributions and how the leagues would help those dealing with coronavirus.

Hope he ordered them sons of bitches to play this fall. The WNBA needs to stay closed. Theses hospitals can use some help in the kitchen.

16 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Hope he ordered them sons of bitches to play this fall. The WNBA needs to stay closed. Theses hospitals can use some help in the kitchen.

If anything the WNBA would be the first to open because their crowds have been social distancing since 1996.