• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

We have some China operations and it seems that the economic damage there is unreported here.  We just got gov approval to reopen our factory but shipping across the country (and to the port) is nearly impossible as freight is simply unavailable.  

Chinese people get told what to do from the govt and comply happily.  Good luck getting that same type of cooperation from people here.  

We're putting together plans now to cut more than half our staff due to business losses here, should the virus come around, as it seems like it will. 

Edited by notherhalo

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

8 hours ago, notherhalo said:

We have some China operations and it seems that the economic damage there is unreported here.  We just got gov approval to reopen our factory but shipping across the country (and to the port) is nearly impossible as freight is simply unavailable.  

Chinese people get told what to do from the govt and comply happily.  Good luck getting that same type of cooperation from people here.  

We're putting together plans now to cut more than half our staff due to business losses here, should the virus come around, as it seems like it will. 

I imagine notherhalo to be like Christian Bale's character in The Big Short. Quirky dude, but probably makes more money than the rest of us combined.

37 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Half the staff? Crazy. The stocks are already responding and the US is going to come to a halt once the outbreak starts here. I work in the airline business so I’m probably screwed. I’m more worried about Del Taco closing for an extended period of time tho

Buy a bunch of $1 burritos and freeze them.

12 hours ago, notherhalo said:

so where are you these days? i thought you were in either brazil or portugal.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

so where are you these days? i thought you were in either brazil or portugal.

Im on the way to Orlando with sick people on both aisles of the plane.  I was in Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan from Christmas to a week or two ago.   Ill never understand how some people can settle with living in -30 conditions.  

I guess to say more about the situation in China, at least from what I know.   There is a gov official employed and working in every big business there, its like a required job position, so their fingers are in everything.   Small operations like us (like 10 guys, 5000 sqft) dont get that requirement but of course we have to check in all the time.   

Foreign companies got preference in the lines to reopen, because the gov there wants to try to prevent businesses totally closing down.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-congress-companies/exclusive-in-china-the-partys-push-for-influence-inside-foreign-firms-stirs-fears-idUSKCN1B40JU

Just to think, they control the media there, the internet (mostly), the companies, people are very scared to break the law, etc. and they are having big issues.  They build trains across the country and other continents with no malarkey and we have no chance with a 120 mile POS.   All the conspiracies of it being some weaponized thing start to make a lot of sense from a long term perspective.  Imagine how screwed the other countries would be if this thing caught fire there.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

One. Exactly ONE case in the U.S. of coronavirus of unknown transmission origin, and stock futures are plunging tonight.

Another horrible day on Wall Street in store because of one patient in a country of 320 million people.

A bit of an overreaction I would say.

I think it has more to do with the companies can't make anything right now.  Industries around the world are at a standstill because they've put all their eggs in the Chinese manufacturing market.

Right, but the 'analysts' are blaming it on the latest patient who caught the virus in an unknown way.

Today's market action was pretty stable, so nothing really has changed in one day on the economic front.

There's a media rush it seems to make this an apocalyptic scenario, and markets react in a whipsaw manner. Computer high speed trading programs seems to be in charge now, and the least little news sets off the sell commands.