• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Brosius admits making up Mike Trout HGH allegations

rafibomb

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yahoo is a pretty close second as far as who looks the worst out of this incident. 

You just can’t do that. 

As @nate said, you can’t unring that bell. So does anything potentially come from this as far as repercussions for Yahoo or Brosius? Does it rise to the standard of libel? Also, has Yahoo just become a content mill like many other sites the used to do real news coverage? I don’t read Yahoo much.

5 hours ago, Stamm said:

They'll be ready to go in time. They have a Chris Stapleton concert there on March 14th I think? Hated the idea of a new stadium at first, and the renderings were so similar to Minute Maid...it made me sick! But now that the ballpark is starting to take shape, it's got it's own unique feel. Prerty pumped. The A/C will be a nice upgrade for sure.

Oh wow so if Chris Stapleton is playing, they must be open for business! 😄

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

As @nate said, you can’t unring that bell. So does anything potentially come from this as far as repercussions for Yahoo or Brosius? Does it rise to the standard of libel? Also, has Yahoo just become a content mill like many other sites the used to do real news coverage? I don’t read Yahoo much.

I’m not a lawyer, so I can’t answer the libel question. 

As for Yahoo, they produce a little bit of original content but mostly it’s just aggregating click-bait. 

Per the Libel issue

Being a public figure Trout must prove that the material:

1. Was written in actual malice or

2. Reckless disregard of the truth.

Trout would have a claim on the reckless disregard of the truth.  However Brossius defense was that he used it as an example and didn't mean to defame.

The biggest problem for a hypothetical suit would be claim of damages.  Brossius recanted and apologized. MLB defended him.  I am certain Trout hasnt lost any endorsement.