• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros might suck in 2020

Second Base

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

michael jordan lol GIF

Way to miss the point. Making it to the Majors proves they have the ability to hit a baseball.

And I believe if Brandon Wood, for a full baseball season, knew what every single pitch would be, he would hit at least 80 homeruns. Mike Trout would probably have over 160. Altuve and Bregman are little munchkins.

1 minute ago, Drink More Yakult said:

Way to miss the point. Making it to the Majors proves they have the ability to hit a baseball.

And I believe if Brandon Wood, for a full baseball season, knew what every single pitch would be, he would hit at least 80 homeruns. Mike Trout would probably have over 160. Altuve and Bregman are little munchkins.

I didn't miss any point. Brandon Wood was horrifyingly awful. He proved he could hit a baseball in the minors. Whoopity Doo.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I didn't miss any point. Brandon Wood was horrifyingly awful. He proved he could hit a baseball in the minors. Whoopity Doo.

That is exactly the point. Knowing what pitch is coming is such an advantage, a player as terrible as Brandon Wood could be the best player in the league if he knew what each pitch was going to be.

It would give him an advantage, but he still has to hit the pitch. Bregman and Altuve are far, far better hitters than Brandon Wood, and they didn't hit 80 HR despite basically knowing what was coming every time.

Look at relievers who throw 90% fastballs. The hitters pretty much know what's coming, so why can't they hit it every time? Because it's hard to hit a major league fastball. It's even harder to hit a curve or slider. Knowing it's coming helps you prepare and get your timing down, but unless it's an absolute hanger, it's still tough to hit. And shit, hitters miss hanging pitches all the time. 

Hitting MLB pitches is hard as fuck even when you know exactly what's coming.

Astros players' road wRC+s in 2019:

Bregman - 186

Springer - 163

Altuve - 119

Alvarez - 152

Brantley - 127

Correa - 115

Gurriel - 113

I really don't expect their offense to drop off as much as most people think.  I think it will be around the same level as ours, and while losing Cole hurts, their rotation is still much better than ours, and I like their bullpen more as well.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It would give him an advantage, but he still has to hit the pitch. Bregman and Altuve are far, far better hitters than Brandon Wood, and they didn't hit 80 HR despite basically knowing what was coming every time.

Look at relievers who throw 90% fastballs. The hitters pretty much know what's coming, so why can't they hit it every time? Because it's hard to hit a major league fastball. It's even harder to hit a curve or slider. Knowing it's coming helps you prepare and get your timing down, but unless it's an absolute hanger, it's still tough to hit. And shit, hitters miss hanging pitches all the time

Hitting MLB pitches is hard as fuck even when you know exactly what's coming.

Just like you missing the point again.

Altuve and Bregman have been great players. They have also been told what pitches. Maybe they won’t be as great next season if they don’t know what pitches are coming.

Bregman hasn’t played a season in which the Astros weren’t potentially cheating. 

1 hour ago, mymerlincat said:

Astros players' road wRC+s in 2019:

Bregman - 186

Springer - 163

Altuve - 119

Alvarez - 152

Brantley - 127

Correa - 115

Gurriel - 113

I really don't expect their offense to drop off as much as most people think.  I think it will be around the same level as ours, and while losing Cole hurts, their rotation is still much better than ours, and I like their bullpen more as well.

Let’s dispense with this fantasy that the Astros didn’t know what pitch was coming on the road. The Astros knew exactly what was coming on the road. 

51 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Let’s dispense with this fantasy that the Astros didn’t know what pitch was coming on the road. The Astros knew exactly what was coming on the road. 

Yeah, they have video replay set up for the visitors too, so maybe they weren’t hiding a camera in the stands they were still doing similar things. No trash can but maybe this is why they switched to buzzers? 

2 hours ago, Drink More Yakult said:

Just like you missing the point again.

Altuve and Bregman have been great players. They have also been told what pitches. Maybe they won’t be as great next season if they don’t know what pitches are coming.

Bregman hasn’t played a season in which the Astros weren’t potentially cheating. 

I believe Altuve has always been a decent hitter. Bregman on the other hand will be fun to watch. I predict a performance slide then an injury excuse in his future. 

1 hour ago, Newkem said:

I believe Altuve has always been a decent hitter. Bregman on the other hand will be fun to watch. I predict a performance slide then an injury excuse in his future. 

Logan Morrison claimed the cheating went back to 2014. Altuve hit .283 in 2013 and .341 in 2014. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Oh, to be a Tigers or Orioles fan.

ZIPs projections for the Tigers are brutal....  Their entire team is predicted for 17 WAR.  And 3.2 of that is coming from the Schoop/Cron signings.   

To put it into perspective, prior to those two signings their entire team was on pace for the same WAR total as our vaunted rotation..

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

ZIPs projections for the Tigers are brutal....  Their entire team is predicted for 17 WAR.  And 3.2 of that is coming from the Schoop/Cron signings.   

To put it into perspective, prior to those two signings their entire team was on pace for the same WAR total as our vaunted rotation..

excited ralph wiggum GIF

14 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

Yeah, they have video replay set up for the visitors too, so maybe they weren’t hiding a camera in the stands they were still doing similar things. No trash can but maybe this is why they switched to buzzers? 

I have no problem assuming they cheated on the road, but how?  The replay set up is on a delay and my understanding is there is no live feed going into dugouts/clubhouses.  If there were live feeds why would the home team set that up in the visitors dugout or clubhouse?  

Did MLB share how they were cheating in detail, the methodology?   Or did they just suspend them because of electronically stealing signs?  
I did hear on the radio that MLB heard the rumors of the wearable technology that buzzes and investigated that but found no evidence. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Did MLB share how they were cheating in detail, the methodology?   Or did they just suspend them because of electronically stealing signs?  
I did hear on the radio that MLB heard the rumors of the wearable technology that buzzes and investigated that but found no evidence. 

If you've got some time to kill, here's the full letter from Manfred: ASTROS BAN HAMMER