• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Logan Morrison: 'So Many' MLB Teams Cheat Using Video; Names Yankees, Dodgers

VariousCrap

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Oh hes not crazy...  He's more like Kanye and just pops off with whatever nonsense comes into his head.   

I had started working in Miami when he first came up and made his splash... His ramblings were literally a near daily topic of conversation his first few years...  It was so bad people actually believed he had become a distraction which is why his agent wanted the union to investigate.

Dude was Trump-like on twitter.

Lol nice. I tried to find him on twitter and I couldn’t dang it. I wanted some before passing out entertainment. Oh well maybe tomorrow. Anyway. If there are more teams out there who are doing this. I hope they get caught soon and especially before the new season begins. 

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I know this is really tantalizing stuff but, it's still Logan Morrison saying it.  The dude is a whackjob.

so i take it you're not going to attend this years meeting of the logan morrison appreciation society's western gala and auction.

we'll miss you. vaya con dios, amigo.

23 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This is strictly out of boredom argument. But aren't both stealing signs by seeing them and stealing signs with technology both doing the same thing stealing signs? Isn't both considered cheating? If you can steal signs with a person on second or steal signs with a use of technology that's more effective why wouldn't you? If one is ok wouldn't the other be ok as well? 

I think there is a huge difference. This is like the difference between looking at your neighbor's paper compared to hacking into the school's computer to get the test in advance. The amount of sophistication and effort is much higher for the second one. It's much harder to detect the second one, too. 

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Lol nice. I tried to find him on twitter and I couldn’t dang it. I wanted some before passing out entertainment. Oh well maybe tomorrow. Anyway. If there are more teams out there who are doing this. I hope they get caught soon and especially before the new season begins. 

I think he ended up deleting it to avoid bringing more bad attention to himself.   Like I said -- think Kanye West sort of stuff..    Just all over the place.

23 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This is strictly out of boredom argument. But aren't both stealing signs by seeing them and stealing signs with technology both doing the same thing stealing signs? Isn't both considered cheating? If you can steal signs with a person on second or steal signs with a use of technology that's more effective why wouldn't you? If one is ok wouldn't the other be ok as well? 

They don’t allow electronic devices to send signs between players so you can’t use electronic devices to steal the signs.

The use of signs at all is an attempted an advantage over your opponent, so if you want to use signs then you accept the risk of it backfiring if the opponent figures them out and “steals” your signs.

But there are only two choices:

1). it has to stay on the field live without electronic devices
2). if you allow electronic devices to be involved then you have to allow the use of electronic devices to send signs in the first place (and I don’t see this happening)

Finally, I have always said to anyone who says secretly “stealing” signs is cheating, then using secret signs at all is cheating.

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

They don’t allow electronic devices to send signs between players so you can’t use electronic devices to steal the signs.

The use of signs at all is an attempted an advantage over your opponent, so if you want to use signs then you accept the risk of it backfiring if the opponent figures them out and “steals” your signs.

But there are only two choices:

1). it has to stay on the field live without electronic devices
2). if you allow electronic devices to be involved then you have to allow the use of electronic devices to send signs in the first place (and I don’t see this happening)

Finally, I have always said to anyone who says secretly “stealing” signs is cheating, then using secret signs at all is cheating.

Your argument is that communicating with teammates non-verbally is cheating?

24 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Your argument is that communicating with teammates non-verbally is cheating?

No.  My argument is communicating with teammates non-verbally is an attempt to gain an advantage.  That’s fine.  But by definition then an attempt to intercept those signs to eliminate the other team from getting an advantage or to gain information so that YOUR team then has an advantage. .  .they are equal.

Either neither is cheating or both are cheating.

With all the threads on the Astros cheating, this one is the equivalent of the scene in Animal House rush week when Niedermeyer keeps steering all the nerds back to the nerd group

l'd like you to meet Mohammet Jugdish, Sidney and Clayton. Grab a seat and make yourselves at home. Don't be shy about helping yourselves to punch and cookies.

tumblr_n7v5x505Jh1qd39tro1_1280.jpg