VariousCrap

Logan Morrison: 'So Many' MLB Teams Cheat Using Video; Names Yankees, Dodgers

Recommended Posts

Bleacher Report Article

 

"I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs," he wrote, per NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty. "Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it's a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don't half ass it."

 

 

 

So, how big do you think this is going to get?

Edited by VariousCrap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've all been eagerly awaiting Lo-Mo's take on this. Thank God he finally spoke up.

 

In all seriousness, I'd love if all four of those teams he mentioned were punished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if it was incredibly widespread and one of baseball's worst-kept secrets, you'd think Luhnow would've thrown MLB under the bus after his suspension. He's exactly the kind of guy to do something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of Cheaters.

Booooston and Shanks aren't a surprise, they have had a bunch of cheater (aka steroid users)

Dodgers hahahaha...Looser

Astros...... Congrats you guys cheated to your first title...Congrats cheaters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not surprised. I never thought this was a one or two thing team. These teams hear about an advantage and will take it. Baseball doesn't want to catch these teams they just want this stuff swept under the rug. Similar to the steroid stuff, they don't really want to catch anyone. If you listen to any of the professional athletes talk about testing, it's the most bogus stuff ever. They basically all say the only way you are going to get caught is if you're a moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Brendan Kuty won’t be invited to the next Yankees Pancake social. Major League Baseball needs to come clean at every level and clean up their mess. If this kind of stuff has been happening league wide then they should all take a cue from Eric Kay.....

“it’s time for everyone to stand up and take responsibility for their respective roles.”

Edited by RendZone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Bunch of Cheaters.

Booooston and Shanks aren't a surprise, they have had a bunch of cheater (aka steroid users)

Dodgers hahahaha...Looser

Astros...... Congrats you guys cheated to your first title...Congrats cheaters!

Looks like you must've cheated in high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, well_red said:

There is a big difference when you are picking signs live via cameras and signaling to the batter in real time. 

This
Sign stealing is as old as the game, anyone offended by that is misplacing their anger. 
If a runner on base see a sign and relays it to the batter using some hand sign... thats baseball as far as im concerned the battery should be more careful or mix them up or whatever.
Using modern technology and things that were never intended for this purpose.  Might as well put earwigs in the batting helmets, lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, floplag said:

This
Sign stealing is as old as the game, anyone offended by that is misplacing their anger. 
If a runner on base see a sign and relays it to the batter using some hand sign... thats baseball as far as im concerned the battery should be more careful or mix them up or whatever.
Using modern technology and things that were never intended for this purpose.  Might as well put earwigs in the batting helmets, lol 

This is strictly out of boredom argument. But aren't both stealing signs by seeing them and stealing signs with technology both doing the same thing stealing signs? Isn't both considered cheating? If you can steal signs with a person on second or steal signs with a use of technology that's more effective why wouldn't you? If one is ok wouldn't the other be ok as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between juiced players, juiced baseballs, wife beating, sign stealing, drug usage, bad umpiring and some other things the game is losing its integrity. Shameful times. 

Edited by RendZone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought:

Maybe signs shouldn't be transmitted the way they currently are. I think integrating some kind of haptic device small enough for a pocket for both the pitcher and catcher would solve this.  Think of it as Morse code taps that are transmitted as vibrations. Pitchers and catchers can both communicate to it, as well as the manager. Obviously it would require some good encryption to prevent un-authorized people from listening in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

This is strictly out of boredom argument. But aren't both stealing signs by seeing them and stealing signs with technology both doing the same thing stealing signs? Isn't both considered cheating? If you can steal signs with a person on second or steal signs with a use of technology that's more effective why wouldn't you? If one is ok wouldn't the other be ok as well? 

In olden days there used to be a big deterrent in that, if you suspected the other team was stealing signals, the next batter would get one in the earhole, can't do that anymore.  It is easy enough to obfuscate the signals, silly to act like people aren't watching the third base coach or a runner on second can't see in to the pitch call.  Maybe going forward catcher's will need to do more complicated signaling, even with no one on base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.