• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looks like Trout got robbed of another MVP?

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My point isn’t whether Trout deserved it or Miggy deserves it.  It’s about thinking he got screwed.  Miggy won the triple crown so it’s far from an egregious decision.  

Like when Ted Williams hit .406, followed that up with  triple crown then went to war, came back and won another triple crown and won 0 MVP's?

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Like when Ted Williams hit .406, followed that up with  triple crown then went to war, came back and won another triple crown and won 0 MVP's?

Media in his day never liked Ted. 

Same reason Schilling isn't in the Hall. Has next to nothing to do with performance and everything to do with bitterness (in Schilling's case, probably warranted).

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Media in his day never liked Ted. 

Same reason Schilling isn't in the Hall. Has next to nothing to do with performance and everything to do with bitterness (in Schilling's case, probably warranted).

So what you're saying is there's no rhyme or reason to the MVP voting, it's a bunch of writers voting a personal agenda? Thanks

11 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Betts deserves an asterisk right next to his 2018 MVP award.  The other two times in which Trout got robbed of the MVP was in 2012 and 2015, in large part due to some stupid stat like RBI's. 

The 2012 and 2013 AL MVP votes were bullshit. 2015 and 2018 were not.

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Baseball is rooted in its history, so when a guy wins the Triple Crown for the first time in 45 years I don’t believe it should be diminished by newer more complete stats.  

How is it “diminished” if he comes in second in the MVP?  Did anyone say it is an illegitimate triple crown if he isn’t MVP?

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

How is it “diminished” if he comes in second in the MVP?  Did anyone say it is an illegitimate triple crown if he isn’t MVP?

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

My point isn’t whether Trout deserved it or Miggy deserves it.  It’s about thinking he got screwed.  Miggy won the triple crown so it’s far from an egregious decision.  

I don’t understand, at all, how it is inappropriate to tell the truth that Trout should have been the MVP.  Other than “Miggy won the triple crown” (which we all know only looks at offense only and is a bit trivial in today’s analytical standards) there is no credible argument for the MVP not being Trout.

Miggy was the trivial MVP.

Trout was the real MVP.

I have plenty of tolerance for fans sticking to the two sentences above.

Edited by Dtwncbad

13 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Betts deserves an asterisk right next to his 2018 MVP award.  The other two times in which Trout got robbed of the MVP was in 2012 and 2015, in large part due to some stupid stat like RBI's. 

Betts is an amazing player who deserves every accolade possible.  AW has beaten that into my head.......

12 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

The Red Sox were outed by the Athletic as using electronic sign stealing in 2018. Denial of using it in the playoffs, but so did sources for the original scoop on. the Astros. 

I don't believe that for one second. Who cheats all year and then develops morals in the playoffs?

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

We seem to use the better record argument when it is convenient for Trout

I think he mentioned that because part of the argument for Miggy was that they won their division and the Angels finished 3rd even though the Angels won more games than the Tigers

Arguing over something that happened years ago to someone else is interesting. Trout has won 3 MVP's that's a lot. He has a good chance if this team is good and he puts up his similar numbers to win a 4th this next year. Instead of complaining about the past how about concentrate on the future. 

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Are we really bitching about Trout not winning the MVP in a season where another guy hit for the Triple Crown?  Grow up, we don’t always get what we want.  It’s a coin flip and it went to the guy that hit for the Triple Crown a feat that hadn’t been accomplished in 45 years.  He wasn’t wronged, nor were you.  

Yeah but you'd find a way to defend the writers never giving Trout an mvp.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Lolb

You guys are bitching about something that has zero effect on your life what so ever. Get over it. You complaining about somethign that happened 8 years ago or whatever does nothing. Move on. Trout just won his 3rd MVP this past season. Or do I don't really care. 

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah but you'd find a way to defend the writers never giving Trout an mvp.

He's won 3. I had season tickets behind home plate for the Angels for 9 seasons. Had season tickets for the Angels for 15 total. I go to this site daily to talk about the Angels, while the "core" of you give me shit for my opinions and I still do it. But yea I dislike Trout and the Angels

iron man eye roll GIF

11 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Actually, you know what, I'll do you one better: Trout came 1 steal shy of 50 steals in 2012. If he'd gotten it, he would've been only the third person in baseball history to get a season with at least 30 HR and 50 steals. There have been 10 triple crown winners. 

So, if Trout had gotten that extra steal @Stradling, can I assume you'd agree that Trout deserved the MVP in that case?

Or if Josh Hamilton could've hit 2 more homeruns, then Trout would win MVP.

4 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I don't believe that for one second. Who cheats all year and then develops morals in the playoffs?

I don’t either, but that was the claim in the Athletic article. Same was true about the Astros, though. Original article said sources told them it wasn’t in the playoffs, iirc. Later that was proved false. Sox owner and team president today did a press conference insisting their win was legit. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You guys are bitching about something that has zero effect on your life what so ever. Get over it. You complaining about somethign that happened 8 years ago or whatever does nothing. Move on. Trout just won his 3rd MVP this past season. Or do I don't really care. 

I'm not bitching about anything. I think Betts deserved the MVP and still does.

Calm down.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:38 PM, Pancake Bear said:

Actually, you know what, I'll do you one better: Trout came 1 steal shy of 50 steals in 2012. If he'd gotten it, he would've been only the third person in baseball history to get a season with at least 30 HR and 50 steals. There have been 10 triple crown winners. 

So, if Trout had gotten that extra steal @Stradling, can I assume you'd agree that Trout deserved the MVP in that case?

Had to bring that up.

Trout got thrown out stealing 2cd against the dodgers that year around june/july. Every replay showed him safe.

Thats always bugged me.