• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Matt Andriese for Jeremy Beasley, DFA Luis Madero

mmc

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not a huge fan, but Andriese makes sense. He does into that 6th starter role where he's a starter twice a month because of Ohtani's schedule, and the rest of the time, he works in extended relief.

Not sure I would've traded Beasley though. He's got a good splitter that's only getting better. It feels like they paid something for a player they probably could've acquired for nothing. 

But I think it goes without saying, this isn't what Angels fans are looking for, nor what the Angels actually need. But then again, Eppler really hasn't focused much on Angels actual needs this off-season as much as he's just focusing on proving to everyone he can unearth value where others can't. 

It's just sort of.... meh.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I hope you are wrong but this makes a lot of sense. Rather than mop up / long relief he does profile as a 6th starter on this team, which is something like one or two starts a month... 

Fletcher's quote seals the deal, he will be the likely 6th starter. 

I'm still not sure how he was a better option than Wood...

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Eppler is aroused when he looks at spread sheets that have spin rates.  That’s the only explanation for all of these mostly shit pitchers that he gets.  I don’t understand the point of giving up anything for a guy like this. 

More specifically the ones he has been acquiring lately have high curve ball spin rates.

Beasley is a guy that I was barely aware of.  Andriese is a reliever with shitty numbers that apparently has good spin rate stats.  The spin rate thing hasn’t really shown itself to have any meaningful value so far as far as I’m concerned.  Anyway, It doesn’t matter.  I can’t be bothered to be upset about it. 

im just wondering about why you would trade anything for this guy. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

<kevinb> I don't know about the rest of you but I am pumped for when Teheran, Bundy and Andre Anderas... Matt Andries finish top 5 in Cy Young voting. </kevinb>

You don't need every pitcher to be in the top 5 of the Cy Young voting. You don't need an entire team of All Stars to win a division title. This team has depth at starting pitching now, an incredible defense, maybe two MVP caliber position players in Trout and Rendon and a rookie of the year candidate coming in Adell. This team will win the West. Back your talk up with some money. I don't need your money but a charity bet would be nice. What do you say? 

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not sure I would've traded Beasley though. He's got a good splitter that's only getting better. It feels like they paid something for a player they probably could've acquired for nothing. 

Sort of feels like they traded Jeremy Beasley for an older version of...Jeremy Beasley. 

I think it’s a good trade. They got an actualized version of Beasley’s ceiling for Beasley’s potential - a total question mark. 

If Andriese was horrible, expensive, really old, or out of options, I’d be a little more disappointed, but it’s a solid trade. I liked Andriese as a target a couple years back, I believe I floated the idea of him being a return for Cron actually before Rengifo was announced. He’ll probably be another Felix Pena for us. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Well some thought a trade was coming for a pitcher. Good job Eppler adding to an already deep rotation. Mid 4 era with some upside. I love the move Eppler is building himself a really deep rotation. He took us from a bottom 5 rotation to a top 10? rotation with the depth we have. Unbelievable trade. Sign Eppler to extension now before it's too late and he asks for a lot more money when the Angels come roaring out of the gate to start the season. 

blink 182 wtf GIF

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You don't need every pitcher to be in the top 5 of the Cy Young voting. You don't need an entire team of All Stars to win a division title. This team has depth at starting pitching now, an incredible defense, maybe two MVP caliber position players in Trout and Rendon and a rookie of the year candidate coming in Adell. This team will win the West. Back your talk up with some money. I don't need your money but a charity bet would be nice. What do you say? 

200-5.gif.293387a8010af37dc9ff67b2381698ff.gif