Sign in to follow this  
Ron Mexico

Luhnow over Billy

26 minutes ago, ukyah said:

this is some bullshit right here. what's to be inferred from that statement?

Never know. Just like the steroids. It wasn’t just the people who got caught that were using. I don’t think this is a one or two team problem. I think it’s much more than that. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Being kicked out for life seems rather harsh.

Luhnow has not received a lifetime ban. He was suspended for one year. That said, if there's any justice to be had, I sincerely hope that the powers that run the 30 franchises currently in MLB effectively ban him for life by never hiring him again.

36 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

Luhnow has not received a lifetime ban. He was suspended for one year. That said, if there's any justice to be had, I sincerely hope that the powers that run the 30 franchises currently in MLB effectively ban him for life by never hiring him again.

who knows. It’ll be interesting. Wife abusers get contracts and what’s worse? I imagine someone will hire him again at some point. 

35 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

your hopes and dreams will likely come true.  He's a scumbag.  

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I imagine someone will hire him again at some point. 

As long as that "someone" is not the Angels, I won't lose any sleep over it...

Geez...   If we ever decide to replace Eppler, it'll probably be a good idea to bring in someone who can actually win without tanking for years  (that would be so much fun, eh?) and cheating  (making any accomplishments tainted).   

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Never know. Just like the steroids. It wasn’t just the people who got caught that were using. I don’t think this is a one or two team problem. I think it’s much more than that. 

i've seen you be significantly more reasonable than this bs.

it's bad logic to say, these two teams were found to be cheating, so everybody was cheating. it's literally the lie cheaters make to excuse their bad behavior. saying, "well the dodgers were probably cheating too, so oh well." is a slap in the face to the vast majority of organizations that weren't doing this. it started with the astros, then it extended to the red sox, a flagship franchise. if they had uncovered more, then they would have hammered them too, then it probably becomes a "new era", but that's not what's happened so far, so it's unfair to speculate on the dodgers and assign guilt thereby relieving the astros of their true guilt.

10 hours ago, ukyah said:

i've seen you be significantly more reasonable than this bs.

it's bad logic to say, these two teams were found to be cheating, so everybody was cheating. it's literally the lie cheaters make to excuse their bad behavior. saying, "well the dodgers were probably cheating too, so oh well." is a slap in the face to the vast majority of organizations that weren't doing this. it started with the astros, then it extended to the red sox, a flagship franchise. if they had uncovered more, then they would have hammered them too, then it probably becomes a "new era", but that's not what's happened so far, so it's unfair to speculate on the dodgers and assign guilt thereby relieving the astros of their true guilt.

Where in anything did I excuse anything the Astros did.