• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is why Manfred is such a twat,..   

He basically gave the Astros an out.. Manfred's "investigation" is going to be a shield the Astros will use to deflect criticism all year.   Even more revolting was Crane attempting to use MLB's decision to give the players immunity to argue that MLB didn't feel the players needed to be punished.   I mean, that may fly when talking to morons but every baseball fan with the slightest clue knew the sole reason for that was to avoid a head to head battle with the MLBPA... 

I've felt Manfred was a POS commish for a while but his handling of this mess, the gag order... etc etc..   Dude is the worst.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That plus the bizarre proposals for the 2022 season

Hey look over there!!

3 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Do people on this message board seriously not understand usage rates and differences between basketball, football, and baseball? The top players in basketball are used on 1/3 of the possessions. If Mike Trout had 1/3 of the ABs on the Angels maybe he'd have a WS ring or two.

Trout has a pretty good usage rate in football

trout.0.jpeg

AZHUYW4SPJE53H6JRSURUYKKZU.jpg

I'd settle for Mike Trout to participate in winning one playoff series - hell, one game! before I'd start comparing him to Michael Jordan.

Oh btw, Jordan's career had more achievements than Trout's before he even signed with the Bulls.

Game-winning NCAA basketball shot as a freshman

bd445c437df6db380533bf0334e3f422.jpg

Leading scorer on the gold-medal winning Olympic team

CyrdWFpnZMYi3D9LkHG4aRHP464nDmYlUzG9qMiG

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So is that a no titles don’t matter? I don’t know what’s happening here. Did you not read what I said? And the questions I asked?

Basketball is different than baseball and football. Lebron james can carry an otherwise mediocre team in basketball, because he can take every shot if he wants, and he plays both ways 

A quarterback isnt much without receivers and a good O line. And he has nothing to do with the defense.

Ohtani is the only 2 way player in baseball. To have a lebron effect, hed need to hit in the games he pitches, as well as be able to hit as often as he wants, not wait for his turn in the order.

Since jordan is what started this discussion, what would he look like if he had to wait until everyone else shot before he could shoot again?

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Basketball is different than baseball and football. Lebron james can carry an otherwise mediocre team in basketball, because he can take every shot if he wants, and he plays both ways 

A quarterback isnt much without receivers and a good O line. And he has nothing to do with the defense.

Ohtani is the only 2 way player in baseball. To have a lebron effect, hed need to hit in the games he pitches, as well as be able to hit as often as he wants, not wait for his turn in the order.

Since jordan is what started this discussion, what would he look like if he had to wait until everyone else shot before he could shoot again?

Yklod knows this.  He’s trolling. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I'd settle for Mike Trout to participate in winning one playoff series - hell, one game! before I'd start comparing him to Michael Jordan.

Oh btw, Jordan's career had more achievements than Trout's before he even signed with the Bulls.

Game-winning NCAA basketball shot as a freshman

bd445c437df6db380533bf0334e3f422.jpg

Leading scorer on the gold-medal winning Olympic team

CyrdWFpnZMYi3D9LkHG4aRHP464nDmYlUzG9qMiG

Be hard for trout to do much in college when he got drafted in high school.

Laetner had a pretty stellar college career, too.

Trout was the best player in baseball his rookie year. And changed how baseball is measured. Jordan didnt win his first mvp for 6 years... even with all that college seasoning....