• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not going to lie. I always listened to his "best 15 minutes in sports" 

i did too. got a lot of information i wasn't getting from my local tv or radio stations. hacksaw was so pompous but he was informative.

around 91-92, i listened to him daily. my reader after school was a girl who has gone on to play first chair violin in the LA Phil. Saw her a couple of years ago and she reminded me of hacksaw's headlines. 

and as long as we're being honest, i'll admit to having called in to his show a couple of times.

2 hours ago, Bronson said:

I’m just saying there are far hotter girls out there then Kate Upton. Margot Robbie comes to mind.

Bronson, I'm not sure what idiot island you came from but we really need to refuse people entry from there. 

There are richer guys out there than Bill Gates so he's really not that rich. ~Bronson School of Logic

The Asstros just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about baseball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the NBA where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you cheat in baseball, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the players, after hearing about this, are not going to want to sign with the Asstros , nor will anyone purchase any of the Asstros merchandise. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Asstros have alienated an entire market with this move.

Asstros, publicly apologize or you can kiss your business goodbye.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

i did too. got a lot of information i wasn't getting from my local tv or radio stations. hacksaw was so pompous but he was informative.

around 91-92, i listened to him daily. my reader after school was a girl who has gone on to play first chair violin in the LA Phil. Saw her a couple of years ago and she reminded me of hacksaw's headlines. 

and as long as we're being honest, i'll admit to having called in to his show a couple of times.

And of course his back and forths with Jim Rome were classic, where he refers to Rome as Junior. 

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Bronson, I'm not sure what idiot island you came from but we really need to refuse people entry from there. 

There are richer guys out there than Bill Gates so he's really not that rich. ~Bronson School of Logic

Well someone being hot is purely subjective. Someone being rich isn’t. So that doesn’t really work.

And anyway all I said was TO ME Kate Upton isn’t as hot as some people on here make her out to be. She is hot. There’s no denying that. Just to me she’s nothing to get all worked up about. Again just my opinion hombre. 

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Well someone being hot is purely subjective. Someone being rich isn’t. So that doesn’t really work.

And anyway all I said was TO ME Kate Upton isn’t as hot as some people on here make her out to be. She is hot. There’s no denying that. Just to me she’s nothing to get all worked up about. Again just my opinion hombre. 

i just banned you for another month.

oh, and this...

kate upton bikini GIF

14 hours ago, eaterfan said:

How is it worse than what Rose did? You know MLB thinks Rose bet on the Reds to lose, right? Oh, you believe Rose only bet on the Reds to win because that's what he claims? For 30 years he claims he never bet on baseball. For 10 years after that he claimed he never bet on the Reds. Now he claims he only bet on them to win. I still think betting on them alone is worse but based on what baseball thinks he did you want to argue it's worse?

You think illegally trying to win is worse than illegally trying to lose? 

Good points and I ain’t gonna disagree, plus I’m sure MLB knows more than we do in the book of secrets and yes it was wrong what he did without a doubt, not arguing that. Just think this is as bad, the Astros most likely won a world series from their cheating, as far as I know no one won a ring from Pete Rose Betting only his own pockets and few others. Just think he's paid his time. 

It is funny that baseball players are a bunch of red asses who insist to the end of the earth that they "play the right way".   God forbid a player stands at the plate and watches a home run, or pumps their fist after a strikeout.

But the astros are cheating their asses off and nobody says a word.  Save Mike Fiers.

Banging on trash cans is fine.  Bat flip is bad.