• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You know, if you asked me for a perfect scenario before the start of the 2017 world series, this would probably be it.

Astros v Dodgers, they go back and forth throughout, then the dodgers lose in heartbreaking fashion and the Astros are later revealed to have cheated and they get harsh penalties for doing so.

Perfect.

The Good Place approves of this torture for both teams.

AsstrosWin as of now:

Image result for gif good place
Edited by Angel Oracle

17 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Wonder if he hires a new staff? Or promotes Espada? Hmmmm.

Also, I think Cora's gonna get banned too, and then the Red Sox kind of have to fire him, right? They were previously warned remember.

16 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I don’t think they’ll have any other choice after what the Astros just did.

^^^^^^^^^

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

MLB just conceded the next CBA to the player association, they clearly have no balls to go up against that if they didnt over this. 

Nah, I don't think so. It's more a matter of, don't pick fights you can't win. Maybe they could, but it's far from a sure thing. Front office and coaches are easier to deal with. Players, not so much.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

MLB just conceded the next CBA to the player association, they clearly have no balls to go up against that if they didnt over this. 

there's the part where they chickened out and also the part where they are avoiding the hassle of further investigation time and appeal after appeal.  they took the easy way out for sure.  

For those of you that want players suspended, how would that happen exactly? How can you prove which players knew about it and which didn't? Which players benefited from it? Is it the assumption that every single player knew what was going on and no one said a word? In that case, do you suspend or terminate the contracts of all of the Astros players? There is no way in the world the players union would just sit back and let that happen.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

For those of you that want players suspended, how would that happen exactly? How can you prove which players knew about it and which didn't? Which players benefited from it? Is it the assumption that every single player knew what was going on and no one said a word? In that case, do you suspend or terminate the contracts of all of the Astros players? There is no way in the world the players union would just sit back and let that happen.

exactly.  the logistics of doling out the punishments is very complex.  

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The owners don’t want to pick this fight in the midst of important CBA negotiations. 

This is gonna be an interesting season in the AL West. If the Rangers get Arenado, that just ups things even more. 

I think Luhnow won't be working any time soon. He'll probably get a consultant job if he wants it in a year or two, but I don't think he'll be a GM again in less than three. Hinch probably will have to wait 2-3 years before getting another job, but I expect he will.

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

exactly.  the logistics of doling out the punishments is very complex.  

In the end, most of the players will get what’s coming to them as I’m willing to bet that players like Altuve, Correa  and Bregman will suddenly have problems  with pitch recognition, leading to lower overall results. Just a hunch.  I truly believe Bregman will look like a different player. 

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

^^^^^^^^^

Nah, I don't think so. It's more a matter of, don't pick fights you can't win. Maybe they could, but it's far from a sure thing. Front office and coaches are easier to deal with. Players, not so much.

Which doesnt change whats right, without affecting the players, this is literally meaningless. 

11 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

Rumor has it the Dodgers are next. They allegedly bugged their opponent’s locker room.

During the 2019 playoffs Anthopolous, a former member of the Dodgers front office, held all Braves strategy and team meetings at their hotel - not at Dodger Stadium.

Any link to this story?  I haven't seen anything.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I think Cora is gonna get a bigger suspension than Hinch or Lunhow.

if he was involved in also doing this with the bosox, i'd guess two years suspension at the minimum. you could easily make the argument for a lifetime ban for him.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

If we had a commish like Judge Kenesaw Landis the Astros would have been banned from the major leagues. That would have been nice.

If there was promotion/relegation the league could have docked them points, essentially forcing a relegation. Banning a team from MLB is ridiculous and clearly illegal.