mymerlincat

Astros punishments: A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow suspended for a year (fired by Crane), team loses 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 and 2021

JD Martinez: Criticism of Astros is a bit much, time to move on.

Oh, and the commissioner’s punishment was harsh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28724451/red-sox-jd-martinez-thinks-astros-bashing-bit-much%3fplatform=amp

I wonder if this might have something to do with a report that will be coming out next week.

1 hour ago, the dude abides said:

JD Martinez: Criticism of Astros is a bit much, time to move on.

Oh, and the commissioner’s punishment was harsh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28724451/red-sox-jd-martinez-thinks-astros-bashing-bit-much%3fplatform=amp

I wonder if this might have something to do with a report that will be coming out next week.

That has to be the most self serving tripe ever....    

"We need to move forward but let's not do anything that might impact me"

These guys really should stop talking.

53 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

These guys really should stop talking.

For the love of the game, everyone should stop talking about it. The players, fans and the press should be concentrating on 2020. Baseball needs to get back to being family entertainment. STFU and Play Ball!

Edited by RendZone

20 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

so be it.  but at least MLB would have taken some sort of stance even if in vain.  And will all the player support against those that cheated, it would have been very interesting to see MLB put the onerous on the mlbpa to make a decision as to how to move forward.  My guess is that even if they supported the players, there would have been some internal conflict and it would have taken the impetus off the player to take matters into their own hands.  The political play by mlb was short-sighted and I've been saying all along that the players needed to be punished for this very reason.  I get that it would have been complicated, but how is it now?