• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

34 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Simply a pathetic take by Ortiz, IMO.  AND not surprising given the chatter around his PED use...

Yeah, that’s a chickenshit take (“poor Jose Altuve”). Also worth nothing that he spent the bulk of his PED-fueled career with the other team being thoroughly investigated by MLB for cheating.

These lawsuits by Astros Season Ticket Holders are intriguing as they could conceivably get to discovery. That would mean evidence subpoenaed by the court and players forced to testify under oath. I guess this is one thing I can root for in Houston! 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-lawsuits-face-complicated-path-toward-trial-15069061.php

22 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

These lawsuits by Astros Season Ticket Holders are intriguing as they could conceivably get to discovery. That would mean evidence subpoenaed by the court and players forced to testify under oath. I guess this is one thing I can root for in Houston! 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-lawsuits-face-complicated-path-toward-trial-15069061.php

Discovery would be fantastic.

• Inside Pitch changed the title to Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.
20 hours ago, True Grich said:

I am really enjoying the fact that this thing isn't going away.

Every day another player speaks out, another article is published and a new wrinkle (like fans suing the team) is revealed.

It's perfect.

It is. This is the most national media attention baseball has gotten since the steroid scandal. I didn't think this thing would last this long, I hope it goes for a couple more years. Baseball needs scandal to stay in the national consciousness. Here's hoping there's another scandal right around the corner. Can't wait for the new CBA as well, a lock out should do baseball some real good. 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It is. This is the most national media attention baseball has gotten since the steroid scandal. I didn't think this thing would last this long, I hope it goes for a couple more years. Baseball needs scandal to stay in the national consciousness. Here's hoping there's another scandal right around the corner. Can't wait for the new CBA as well, a lock out should do baseball some real good. 

I think it's finally time to put you on "ignore." 

Congratulations, you've just joined a very exclusive club.

BTW... if you reply to this post, I won't see it.

Edited by True Grich

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I think it's finally time to put you on "ignore." 

Congratulations, you've just joined a very exclusive club.

Thanks? I don't know why you are ignoring me. I actually think the scandal is good for baseball. People are talking about it. National media is talking about it. I bet you the tv ratings go up big for at least the first month of baseball. I bet you they are better numbers than they were last year at the beginning of the year. This time last year what were people talking about with baseball? I agreed with you I think this is good, it's fun and entertaining. People love this stuff. People love drama. But you can block me if you want all is well. 

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

Its like Lifetime has a somehow less interesting, more Hot Take-y brother.

Ratings will be up at the start of the season, and it will be because of this talk. People will tune in to see what happens, if/when the Astros flounder people will talk about it, if the Astros do well people will ask about what else they are doing to cheat. It will be an interesting story line to watch through out the year. Baseball is finally getting some national press. Should be good for the sport and ratings. 

6 hours ago, the dude abides said:

He indirectly calls out MLB here, pointing out that teams had complained about Houston over the last couple of years but MLB ignored it until Fiers came out to the media.