• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

The Houston Astros continue to face a harsh response across Major League Baseball for the way they handled their apology for the sign-stealing scandal during a press conference on Thursday. 

Per The Athletic's C. Trent Rosecrans, Cincinnati Reds pitcher Trevor Bauer called the Astros "hypocrites" and said "f--k you" to the organization for thinking they don't have to abide by the rules. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So I had this thought and I hate it.  Don’t be surprised that when Houston plays at home they don’t hit a batter in the first inning that way benches are warned.  Then if an Angel pitcher hits an Astros batter they’ll be ejected.  

Ha, that's bush league shit. If they want to be hated even more that's a great way to do it.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So I had this thought and I hate it.  Don’t be surprised that when Houston plays at home they don’t hit a batter in the first inning that way benches are warned.  Then if an Angel pitcher hits an Astros batter they’ll be ejected.  

I think if they start doing that with any regularity we'll see a significant escalation.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Someone on MLB Network mentioned teams may have already been warned.

Theres gotta be some leeway. I think they should let it go unless its repetitive or dangerous (up towards the head) itll be interesting 

I'm partial the the earlier suggestion that Maddon go out and request a strip search of Altuve and Bregman their first time up in order to see if they are wearing any buzzers. It's super demeaning, not something that can garner punishment or retribution and which can totally get in the heads of Astro players.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Someone on MLB Network mentioned teams may have already been warned.

Theres gotta be some leeway. I think they should let it go unless its repetitive or dangerous (up towards the head) itll be interesting 

If the league keeps trying to protect them there might be even worse blowback down the road. They've already made this a thing by nut punishing them.

nutless Manfred.  

I've maintained all along that they needed to punish the players.  now they're gonna the see the consequences of not doing so.  

he's effectively allowed martial law to be instituted and he's got nothing to fall back on.  

even if the punishment weren't severe enough, he could at least claim that he did something even if others disagree.  

and all because he was afraid to piss off the players union for fear of not getting a new CBA done in the near future.  

I guess it boils down to not putting everyone's money in jeopardy.  

maybe MLB's bullshit version of marco polo as an investigation didn't sit well.  

I fully support the player in self policing this with whatever they think they have to do.  

First guy I'm going after is Bregman.  That insincere arrogant douche nozzle.  

BTW, how awesome would it be if the first pitch of the season to an Astros player was a bean ball?  I hope Altuve is leading off.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

nutless Manfred.  

I've maintained all along that they needed to punish the players.  now they're gonna the see the consequences of not doing so.  

he's effectively allowed martial law to be instituted and he's got nothing to fall back on.  

even if the punishment weren't severe enough, he could at least claim that he did something even if others disagree.  

and all because he was afraid to piss off the players union for fear of not getting a new CBA done in the near future.  

I guess it boils down to not putting everyone's money in jeopardy.  

maybe MLB's bullshit version of marco polo as an investigation didn't sit well.  

I fully support the player in self policing this with whatever they think they have to do.  

First guy I'm going after is Bregman.  That insincere arrogant douche nozzle.  

BTW, how awesome would it be if the first pitch of the season to an Astros player was a bean ball?  I hope Altuve is leading off.  

Aren't we opening up the season against them? I'd love Heaney forever if he did that.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

How about we play some solid baseball and sweep them in Houston. That’s a much better way to handle it. Can we do that?

They would not have learned what they did if they didn't give players immunity.  They would have had a huge fight on their hands with MLBPA if they tried to suspend certain players.... and all of em knew.....so how does that work 

MLB fucked up. By allowing this to go down so easily. But their response  since has been ok.