• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Right. It was so lacking in impact that you kept doing it in 2018 after winning the freaking World Series. You kept doing it even though Beltrán and Cora, whose fault it was (since, y’know, no one else wanted to do it) were gone in 2018. But sure, keep telling yourselves how awesome you are and that you were just cheating for the heck of it. What a pile of crap.

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/manfreds-investigation-into-astros-sign-stealing-has-ended-but-the-bangs-keep-coming/

Good article on the entire situation. As I think a lot of us saw coming, Manfred really dropped the ball on this.

Manfred did not drop any ball. Everything that has transpired through the comissionser's office has been intentional. 

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

Manfred did not drop any ball. Everything that has transpired through the comissionser's office has been intentional. 

Exactly..   He's just a POS commish.   

He knew exactly what he was doing, he knew what doors he was leaving open and he knew the Astros would run through whatever holes he left open for them.   Takes away draft picks but allows them to remain active in the international market where most of the truly dirty shit happens.  Suspends the GM and manager but doesn't prohibit the team from being able to go outside the franchise to find replacements during the suspension.  The Astros punishment was a sham and their "apologies" make clear they aren't feeling the repercussions of their actions.   

How can someone make such a big deal about the culture problem in Houston in his findings then allow for them to skirt the issue like he has? Dude should almost be considered complicit -- it's not like the league wasn't asking them to look into it....  People can and will say F Houston, but I find Manfred to be the biggest fuckface involved in all of this.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So you think this is a league wide problem and the commissioner's report was an attempt to cover it up?

Not Blarg, but I think it's a Houston wide problem and this was an attempt to make it disappear quickly. 

Thankfully the fans and the players affected by this aren't letting it happen. But Manfred's gag order speaks volumes, IMO. Why limit what teams can say if a situation has truly been handled?

It's a joke.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:21 AM, Lhalo said:

The optics looked really bad. Jim Crane should do himself a favor and stay away from microphones for the rest of his life. 

lol.  He can't help himself.

I hope the press continues to put a microphone in his face all season.  I do think he was in the dark on much of this, but the more he keeps throwing Luhnow/Hinch/Beltran/Cora under the bus, the more likely someone (one of them?) will get fed up and cop to another method of cheating (buzzers, bullpen coach, etc) just to spite that arrogant prick.

8 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Haha, wow.  That is awesome. 

"I thought Manfred's punishment was weak, giving them immunity. I mean these guys were cheating for three years. I think what people don't realize is Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in '17. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us."

That is the good stuff.