• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

I really feel like the fanbase is not going to let us down and continuously boo the Astros the first time they come to the plate in Anaheim. I mean a standing, non stop, inning of boos that shakes the stadium so hard Altuve thinks his buzzer is going off. These giys suck and should have to be reminded every game of the season. 

23 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This was always part of what made baseball great... The players always policed the game. 

Purists get too caught up in unwritten rules and that sort of tripe, but this Astros BS, and Manfred's limp twisted action seems to have lit a fire under a lot of the players to fix shit and it's probably going to be entertaining.

The Astros can and likely will play the "us .vs the world" game but they know what's up, they know the world was right... It's hard to buy in when you know it's a lie.

The Astros are a lie.

i imagine the league's discipline office is going to be busy with the potentially large number of irritated pitchers who may take retribution into their own hands this season.

and i won't blame the pitchers one bit. manfred and the league did not handle this in a way that was fair.

You can’t compare Trout and Michael Jordan. While both are great one actually has titles. Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback because he has 6 titles. You can’t compare him and Dan Marino.

That said Trout still has plenty of time to get his titles and his signature playoff moments. 

I don’t know this answer but what would be the equivalent of Michael’s 6 NBA titles or Bradys 6 titles in the NFL for MLB?

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

You can’t compare Trout and Michael Jordan. While both are great one actually has titles. Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback because he has 6 titles. You can’t compare him and Dan Marino.

That said Trout still has plenty of time to get his titles and his signature playoff moments. 

I don’t know this answer but what would be the equivalent of Michael’s 6 NBA titles or Bradys 6 titles in the NFL for MLB?

Yogi Berra’s 10 World Series titles?

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Then Jordan isn't in the top 5 best basketball players ever. 

Just now, Lou said:

Then Jordan isn't in the top 5 best basketball players ever. 

Not what I said. I didn’t say he has the most or that you have to have the most. He was the most dominant player of his generation and in his era or any era since him no ones gotten 6. Trout needs to get a couple I think to be considered the best. But I also think it has to do with what happened previous and after him. Do you not think titles matters?

6 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Yogi Berra’s 10 World Series titles?

I don’t mean who has the most I just mean in basketball we generally think of 6 for Jordan as the greatest. We now think of Bradys 6 now as the greatest. What would be the equivalent of the greatest in baseball? ARod has 1 Pujols has 2. I’m not a baseball historian so just curious what would that be for baseball? Or is baseball absolved of titles meaning greatness? 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not what I said. I didn’t say he has the most or that you have to have the most. He was the most dominant player of his generation and in his era or any era since him no ones gotten 6. Trout needs to get a couple I think to be considered the best. But I also think it has to do with what happened previous and after him. Do you not think titles matters?

Ok, Bill Russell is the greatest. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not in terms of an individual player’s performance in a team sport, especially baseball, where one player has a much lesser impact on a team’s success. Trout gets 4-5 AB’s and a varying number of defensive opportunities per game. He has no control over any other part of the game.

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Not in terms of an individual player’s performance in a team sport, especially baseball, where one player has a much lesser impact on a team’s success. Trout gets 4-5 AB’s and a varying number of defensive opportunities per game. He has no control over any other part of the game.

So In the other sports titles matter but in baseball it only matters what you do in the regular season? I guess you can say the same for a defensive or offensive player in football. At the end of the day the reason you play anything is to win. I think Trout definitely needs some food post season runs and a title to cement himself in the all time greats. But again who knows Ted Williams never won anything and he’s still an immortal so I guess baseballs just a weird one. Unwritten rules and all. 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So In the other sports titles matter but in baseball it only matters what you do in the regular season?

You're the won who argued Jordan is the greatest because if tiles. I merely pointed out the absurdly of using that criteria. If you do, then Russell is the greatest. 

I wouldn't label any player in a team sport the greatest based upon the number of titles his team won

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

You're the won who argued Jordan is the greatest because if tiles. I merely pointed out the absurdly of using that criteria. If you do, then Russell is the greatest. 

I wouldn't label any player in a team sport the greatest based upon the number of titles his team won

One of Jordan’s achievements of being great is his 6 titles and 6 championship MVPs. Brady is the Goat for getting there as many times as he has and winning 6. I guess we disagree, titles matter to me and making the playoffs matters. We’ve had this debate before on the MVP as well. At the end of the winning matters and being the best on the winning team. Robert Horry was never the best or even second best player on his team while Jordan was. Trout is great. But the only reason people are arguing winning doesn’t matter is because the Angels haven’t done a lot of it lately. Trout and the Angels will win the west this year and he will get his second opportunity to help carry the Angels to a WS title in the playoffs. Hopefully he can he’s talented enough. 

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

One of Jordan’s achievements of being great is his 6 titles and 6 championship MVPs. Brady is the Goat for getting there as many times as he has and winning 6. I guess we disagree, titles matter to me and making the playoffs matters. We’ve had this debate before on the MVP as well. At the end of the winning matters and being the best on the winning team. Robert Horry was never the best or even second best player on his team while Jordan was. Trout is great. But the only reason people are arguing winning doesn’t matter is because the Angels haven’t done a lot of it lately. Trout and the Angels will win the west this year and he will get his second opportunity to help carry the Angels to a WS title in the playoffs. Hopefully he can he’s talented enough. 

Not once have I mentioned Trout or Horry 

I have, however, mentioned Russell, who you conveniently keep ignoring.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Not once have I mentioned Trout or Horry 

I have, however, mentioned Russell, who you conveniently keep ignoring.

Bill Russell I think is considered one of the all times greats. I think Simmons has him in his top 5 or top 10. But I think big men are different than guards and forwards skill wise? But I don’t know.