• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

10 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Yep, they should have truncated their ability to sign internationally as well.  This isn't much of a punishment.

i think this would have been appropriate in addition to everything else given to them.

This is a little light...there may be more penalties though, we don't know the full extent.

I expected the fine and suspensions and draft picks. I think we'll end up seeing they cripple their international bonus pool for the same two years.

25 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I think the biggest thing is that the Astros title will always be tainted and no one will ever take it seriously ever again. It’s basically Bonds home run title. Same shit different stink.

The Astros have become a joke again and it’s amazing. No one will ever take that shitty franchise serious again. They’ll just be known as that team who BY FAR had the best team in 2017 and still had to cheat to win it all. How sad is that?

crazy world odor GIF

Do the Astros get to keep the comp pick from Cole signing with the stanks? First reaction was that this seemed kinda light. Losing those picks will hurt. Not just because of the players they would've picked but the $$ allotted to those picks hurts just as much if not more. 

The 5 million is a joke but if that's all Mlb can fine then so be it.

Also....since watching that video of altuve begging his teammates not to rip off his shirt, I was hoping he would get some sort of suspension. But it's harder to punish players so meh. 

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Is it just me or does this post make zero sense. When do we ever trade away our stud players? If anything we keep them around too long.

5D770EC5-00F3-4B8B-98C8-DEE819F09868.png

More like he's insinuating they'll be a 72 win team after Correa, Greinke and Verlander are no longer on the team.

Just now, Second Base said:

The MLB punishment should've been....

- Lifetime ban for the GM. 

- 3 year unpaid ban for the entire dugout staff.

- Loss of first round and second round draft picks for 2020 and 2021.

- Loss of international bonus slots over 10k for 2020 and 2021.

- Loss of video replay booth for two years. 

• Gallery
  • Lighting
  • Senses
  • Video

And having to give us Bregman and Springer for Pujols.