mymerlincat

Astros punishments: A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow suspended for a year (fired by Crane), team loses 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 and 2021

44 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I highly doubt they hire Dusty Baker or anyone like him given that they've been at the forefront of new baseball (unsure of the latest buzzwords)

racist

Something about Mike Scioscia in a Red Sox hat sends chills up my spine, and not in a good way. 

Like, he could manage any other team, including the Dodgers and it would be fine. But Boston? The thought just doesn't feel...right to me. It activates some primitive fear in my brain that makes me want to put a sharp rock on the end of a stick and live inside a cave and throw my feces at anyone who comes near my mammoth.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Something about Mike Scioscia in a Red Sox hat sends chills up my spine, and not in a good way. 

Like, he could manage any other team, including the Dodgers and it would be fine. But Boston? The thought just doesn't feel...right to me. It activates some primitive fear in my brain that makes me want to put a sharp rock on the end of a stick and live inside a cave and throw my feces at anyone who comes near my mammoth.

If Scioscia goes to Boston, they can expect a lot of boys from Providence, delivering cannolis.

15 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

I know I run the risk of getting on the board's bad side with a possible quasi-criticism of Saint Mike Trout, but wouldn't this be a good time to come out strong against this cheating?  Kind of acting as a leader in the game of baseball? Or is it enough to just play your entire career as an incredible stat-producer playing on entirely forgettable teams?

It is hunting season, after all.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That sounds like sosh. 

Not only does that sound like Sosh, it sounds like a catcher in general.

How AJ Hinch missed the memo, I don’t know.

Besides a pitcher, stealing signs pisses a catcher off nearly as much.

Edited by PattyD22

24 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I know I run the risk of getting on the board's bad side with a possible quasi-criticism of Saint Mike Trout, but wouldn't this be a good time to come out strong against this cheating?  Kind of acting as a leader in the game of baseball? Or is it enough to just play your entire career as an incredible stat-producer playing on entirely forgettable teams?

It is hunting season, after all.

It’s enough to just go out and play the game the right way.  Obviously he will be asked the question and if he isn’t comfortable answering the question he should just avoid it all together.  As we’ve seen he isn’t a gifted speaker and it could turn somewhat ugly.  Would I like to see him speak out against it, sure, but do I expect it no.  If he had Hunter’s personality I could easily see him speaking out publicly.  

Nice clod impersonation with the last couple of sentences, dead on impersonation.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nice clod impersonation with the last coupled of sentences, dead on impersonation.  

🤣🤣

Like I said, you risk the board's wrath by even hinting at a quasi-criticism of St. Mike.

What if Trout decided for a mid-career change, to be much more media engaging.... and went to Jose Mota for advice?

Edited by yk9001

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

🤣🤣

Like I said, you risk the board's wrath by even hinting at a quasi-criticism of St. Mike.

What if Trout decided for a mid-career change, to be much more media engaging.... and went to Jose Mota for advice?

It would be an improvement

Here's a video of Altuve wearing that device and a breakdown. It's pretty obvious that he was wearing something. At the time I saw him hit the HR, I was literally shocked that he knew a change up was coming. What a cheater.

34 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I just don't understand how they can let the players off scott free on this.  

They were told if they cooperated they would be given immunity.  The commish, wouldn't have jack without their cooperation.