• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

36 minutes ago, Angelfan79 said:

So I just want to know really, when is the Commish gonna lift the ban on Pete Rose? He needs to be in for sure after this scandal!!

In what? Who is going to hire him and for what?

The hall of fame is separate from MLB

Also... apples... oranges

22 minutes ago, ScottT said:

In what? Who is going to hire him and for what?

The hall of fame is separate from MLB

Also... apples... oranges

Well didn't think know that. But who ever is in charge needs to get the ball rolling! You got some future hall of famers brewing on that Astros roster that should be put on blast for what they know they did. Doesn't seem like this incident gonna ruin they're chances. But no way around it, they straight up cheated. Worse in my opinion then Rose. 

3 hours ago, disarcina said:

Houston, we have a problem.

they still have the players -- but disarray at the front office top and manager level will be a distraction.

how about this ? New Asfros manager - CRAIG BIGGIO.

hometown hero, HOF guy -- instant favorite. 

but, does he want the job ????

I have a feeling that their players aren't as good as they like us all to believe. Their pitchers, sure. Their hitters? Not so much.

7 hours ago, Angelfan79 said:

So I just want to know really, when is the Commish gonna lift the ban on Pete Rose? He needs to be in for sure after this scandal!!

Encinitas, Oceanside.. I want to hear from YOU!

I'll be taking calls on Pete Rose, right after the best 15 minutes in sports. Here's what's going  on in the world of sports,  here's what Lee Hamilton thinks...

Not harsh enough, IMO. But I think the real punishment comes with general MLB relations. Teams aren't going to want to work with the Astros on anything. It's kind of like being a registered sex offender. You might do some jail time but you're forever going to be known as a sex offender.

7 hours ago, Angelfan79 said:

Well didn't think know that. But who ever is in charge needs to get the ball rolling! You got some future hall of famers brewing on that Astros roster that should be put on blast for what they know they did. Doesn't seem like this incident gonna ruin they're chances. But no way around it, they straight up cheated. Worse in my opinion then Rose. 

How is it worse than what Rose did? You know MLB thinks Rose bet on the Reds to lose, right? Oh, you believe Rose only bet on the Reds to win because that's what he claims? For 30 years he claims he never bet on baseball. For 10 years after that he claimed he never bet on the Reds. Now he claims he only bet on them to win. I still think betting on them alone is worse but based on what baseball thinks he did you want to argue it's worse?

You think illegally trying to win is worse than illegally trying to lose? 

The MLB has effectively given the green light to cheat. There's not a team in the league who wouldn't exchange a World Series title and all the $ and accolades that go with it in exchange for a $5M fine and some lost draft picks. They'll find another GM and Manager just fine. The world series title literally made them 20x or more than what they were fined.