• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Wood signs with the Dodgers (1 year, $4 million)

mmc

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Which is silly.  If they win 90 plus games and finish 20 games better than last year there is no reason to let him go.  Especially if Adell goes off, Thaiss and Canning play well and the farm continues to develop.  If those things happen then what Eppler is doing is working.  I am more interested in seeing if what he is building on the farm is sustainable than I am with these free agent arms we did or didn’t sign.  Firing him now means you gave him 4 years to build a winner with no farm and no payroll flexibility the first couple of years.  Oh and you weren’t allowed to trade the assets that would bring back actual talent.  Obviously that last part is an assumption, but it seems pretty logical that Arte didn’t want a full on rebuild.  

We better go to the playoffs, anything less is a fail. He missed on every front of the rotation pitcher in one of richest class of FA pitchers in years. The whole point was to sign a top pitcher and he failed. he has about month left to trade for one or this is a failed off season.

8 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

We better go to the playoffs, anything less is a fail. He missed on every front of the rotation pitcher in one of richest class of FA pitchers in years. The whole point was to sign a top pitcher and he failed. he has about month left to trade for one or this is a failed off season.

Every single one of the front of the rotation pitchers, both of them.  

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The Rendon signing was terrific. They needed more punch in the lineup. They missed out on a frontline pitcher because a very obsolete contract is hitting home. There’s no denying that Albert’s $29M this season and $30M next season would’ve easily allowed us the flexibility to sign a solid arm. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Every single one of the front of the rotation pitchers, both of them.  

Wheeler, Cole, Strasburg, Ryu, Keuchel, a trade for Kluber, and now Wood. They would all be near the top in our rotation, depending on how well Ohtani has returned to his former self. Sorry Eppler just didn't cut it so far.

Just improving over last years disaster is nothing to write home about, after the terrible job he did signing Harvey, and Cahill. Even without Rendon we would be better because Upton missed almost the entire season and Simmons was on the DL a long time, La Stella missed half the season, Ohtani and Trout missed the last month, Skaggs died RIP. So even with only replacing Harvey, and Cahill we would expect a much better season this year. But without a better rotation than we have now I'm not hopeful for Eppler's future. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat quickly....

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Wheeler, Cole, Strasburg, Ryu, Keuchel, a trade for Kluber, and now Wood. They would all be near the top in our rotation, depending on how well Ohtani has returned to his former self. Sorry Eppler just didn't cut it so far.

Just improving over last years disaster is nothing to write home about, after the terrible job he did signing Harvey, and Cahill. Even without Rendon we would be better because Upton missed almost the entire season and Simmons was on the DL a long time, La Stella missed half the season, Ohtani and Trout missed the last month, Skaggs died RIP. So even with only replacing Harvey, and Cahill we would expect a much better season this year. But without a better rotation than we have now I'm not hopeful for Eppler's future. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat quickly....

If Keuchel is a front line starter then so is Teheran.  I agree that Wheeler could be but he hasn’t been yet.  Ryu is a pretty big risk.  Kluber was awesome but not worth Marsh. The other two were always signing where they signed.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Keuchel is a front line starter then so is Teheran.  I agree that Wheeler could be but he hasn’t been yet.  Ryu is a pretty big risk.  Kluber was awesome but not worth Marsh. The other two were always signing where they signed.  

He would be on our team, anything is better than what we have now. We are full up with 4s and 5s starter and Ohtani which will be used carefully after having TJ.

Yea I heard the reasons/excuses but at the end of the day we still need exactly what we needed in October PITCHING.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So you’re pissed that he didn’t sign an ace, but you also be pissed if we don’t make the playoffs without the ace he didn’t sign? I’m a bit confused.

26 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Well he replaced Harvey and Cahill with Teheran and Bundy, he now has a healthy Ohtani, Canning has first year experience behind him, Heaney should start the year healthy at least, and then we have Peters, Sandoval, Barria, Saurez, and Pena.  We have one spot to go with 1 1/2 months until the season starts.  I don't see any reason to be upset at this point, because he will very likely alter this staff some before the season starts.  They have usable trade resources to upgrade the pitching without giving up any top ranking prospects.

I'm often reminded of a tee shirt I once saw in a second hand shop.  The first line said: " It's what I do", the second line said  "I drink", then there was picture of some beer bottles, and the final line was "And Then I know Everything".  At this point all of us don't know everything and what Eppler is trying to do, only Eppler and his staff do.  So have a drink and continue to second guess.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Well Teheran was the Braves opening day starter for each of the past six seasons.

And an opening day starter is by definition a front line starter.

Therefore Teheran is a front line starter.

Neither of us actually believe it. Nor do we believe Keuchel is a front line starter. 

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

So you’re pissed that he didn’t sign an ace, but you also be pissed if we don’t make the playoffs without the ace he didn’t sign? I’m a bit confused.

I'm not pissed, I'm disappointed/disillusioned that if we don't make the playoffs it's because we didn't sign better pitchers, whether they're an Ace or not.  It's not that difficult for a reasonable  person to understand. I'm confused why you are confused.

33 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Well he replaced Harvey and Cahill with Teheran and Bundy, he now has a healthy Ohtani, Canning has first year experience behind him, Heaney should start the year healthy at least, and then we have Peters, Sandoval, Barria, Saurez, and Pena.  We have one spot to go with 1 1/2 months until the season starts.  I don't see any reason to be upset at this point, because he will very likely alter this staff some before the season starts.  They have usable trade resources to upgrade the pitching without giving up any top ranking prospects.

I'm often reminded of a tee shirt I once saw in a second hand shop.  The first line said: " It's what I do", the second line said  "I drink", then there was picture of some beer bottles, and the final line was "And Then I know Everything".  At this point all of us don't know everything and what Eppler is trying to do, only Eppler and his staff do.  So have a drink and continue to second guess.

I can see you seem satisfied with this offseason, even if every analyst I've seen says we just don't have enough pitching to compete with the Astros, A's, Rays, or maybe the Rangers, ChiSox, and BoSox. I hope the analysts and myself are wrong. I'm also hoping Eppler trades for another good pitcher, there are some possibly available. I know we will be much better than last year just don't have a good feeling about making the playoffs again. It's embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I can see you seem satisfied with this offseason, even if every analyst I've seen says we just don't have enough pitching to compete with the Astros, A's, Rays, or maybe the Rangers, ChiSox, and BoSox. I hope the analysts and myself are wrong. I'm also hoping Eppler trades for another good pitcher, there are some possibly available. I know we will be much better than last year just don't have a good feeling about making the playoffs again. It's embarrassing.

You forgot to mention the Yankees. Maybe because they’re on another planet. 

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

For my sanity I'm just going to assume he wasn't interested in signing here.

This would have been a great signing, but I'm not going to lose my shit because we didn't get him.

Copy/paste