• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are we done?

stormngt

We have two new starting pitchers.  We signed an impact 3b for the offense.  We have more outfielders than we need.  We seem to have more middle infielders than we need.  We signed our catcher.

Therefore are we done?  Will the any other acquisition from here on out only going to be minor improvements?

I don’t think so.

I still think all of the following has a good chance of happening:

• Angels sign a 4th OF to compliment Goodwin, maybe Cameron Maybin, Kevin Pillar?
  • Angels sigh a reliever, maybe someone with some multi-inning/spot-starter ability like Collin McHugh, Francisco Liriano, Chad Bettis, Josh Tomlin
  • Angels trade one or two of Thaiss, Rengifo, Marsh, Jones, Suarez, Barria, Sandoval for a SP with upside and control - just waiting for teams to stop demanding Adell/Marsh 
  • Angels sign a vet UT IF type to platoon to make up for the trade above which likely costs an IF or two, someone like Neil Walker

We’re just at a point where everyone left in FA is pretty interchangeable, so Billy’s just waiting for some prices to come down and get the best bargains. Trade market is likely still asking for Adell or Marsh at the top of talks, and Eppler’s waiting for Adell’s name to drop off and perhaps Marsh as well.

42 minutes ago, stormngt said:

We have two new starting pitchers.  We signed an impact 3b for the offense.  We have more outfielders than we need.  We seem to have more middle infielders than we need.  We signed our catcher.

Therefore are we done?  Will the any other acquisition from here on out only going to be minor improvements?

I think we will sign or trade for another starter. I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed a pen arm.  We have the exact amount of outfielders we need.  We have one too many infielders, possibly two if you are hesitant to keep both Thaiss and Rengifo. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The Angels still need two more starting pitchers. So I'm guessing no.

1 Ohtani

2 Heaney

3 Bundy

4 Teheran

5 Canning

They're not getting two pitchers.

I get that Ohtani will be limited in innings. They still have Pena and Barria, though, who they had no trouble rolling with in the last two seasons. One guy is a distinct possibility. Two is extremely unlikely. 

I think Fletcher likely sees some time in RF, given who our manager is. I don’t really expect them to sign another outfielder. 

I don’t see any relievers worth signing left, so I doubt they go that route either. 

I think they want to acquire one more starter, but Eppler wants to be opportunistic and other teams want him to overpay, which he won’t do because he feels like we’re not in a desperate situation. That means he’ll try to wait the market out until he feels like he needs to make a deal or until a soft trade like Bundy’s opens up. 

48 minutes ago, stormngt said:

As far as I'm concerned, we need at least one solid starter.

13 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

1 Ohtani

2 Heaney

3 Bundy

4 Teheran

5 Canning

They're not getting two pitchers.

I get that Ohtani will be limited in innings. They still have Pena and Barria, though, who they had no trouble rolling with in the last two seasons. One guy is a distinct possibility. Two is extremely unlikely. 

Pena is expected to be out through June, Suarez needs time in the minors, and Jaime Barria is NOT NEARLY enough depth.

Not signing or trading for two starters would be a mistake. 

Personally, I'm expecting one starter, and unless it's a truly impactful arm, I don't believe the Angels are a playoff team because of their pitching, or lack thereof.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Pena is expected to be out through June, Suarez needs time in the minors, and Jaime Barria is NOT NEARLY enough depth.

Personally, I'm expecting one starter, and unless it's a truly impactful arm, I don't believe the Angels are a playoff team because of their pitching, or lack thereof.

I’m just saying it isn’t likely happening. One, maybe. Might not be until during the season. Eppler has shown he has zero interest in overpaying. Technically they’re ten deep with Mlb experience. I don’t expect them to grab more than one, and that only if it’s an impact player at a reasonable cost. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Suarez is still "depth". He'll be spending most of the year in AAA. We also have Peters, Sandoval, and Barria. Adding another starter makes us 10 starters deep. Once Pena comes back we have 11. And as I've said before, if we're getting into our 8th and 9th starters on the depth chart, we have more issues than the number of pitchers on our roster.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just want to go out and say it. Dillon Peters is fucking trash. He shouldn't even be considered as depth. He should be considered as a piece of shit.

Do not pitch this man.

And that's the biggest issue I see. The quality of the current rotation options is pretty terrible. 

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just want to go out and say it. Dillon Peters is fucking trash. He shouldn't even be considered as depth. He should be considered a piece of shit.

Do not pitch this man.

Anyway, I hope we sign another starter or trade for one if it's a good deal.

I agree, but if everything goes to shit (again), he's going to pitch. 

But adding another pitcher could make him the odd man out on the roster. Which is fine by me.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Suarez is still "depth". He'll be spending most of the year in AAA. We also have Peters, Sandoval, and Barria. Adding another starter makes us 10 starters deep. Once Pena comes back we have 11. And as I've said before, if we're getting into our 8th and 9th starters on the depth chart, we have more issues than the number of pitchers on our roster.

Yeah, like quality, which is a pretty big freakin problem to have.